Alarielle in the Mortal Realms
|Titles||Queen of the Radiant Wood|
Protector of Ghyran
Lady of Leaves
|Home||Hidden Valley of Athelwyrd|
- For Alarielle in the World-That-Was see: Alarielle in the World-That-Was.
Alarielle, Queen of the Radiant Wood was one of the survivors of the End Times and ascended into a full-fledged deity, protector of the Realm of Ghyran. She created the Sylvaneth through her soul-pods.
Alarielle plants soulpod glades across the Realm of Ghyran from these come the first Sylvaneth, the Oakenbrow Glade and Gnarlroot Glade. She becomes a member of Sigmar's Great Alliance and appointed as Protector of the realm of Ghyran, but as time passed she continued to pine for the lost World-that-was and increasingly desired only to tend to her own Realm of Life. She rued returning to the Vault Celestial for council due to the endless bickering.[2a] Alarielle during the Age of Myth ruled from the Verdant Palace.[2b]
Nurgle devastates the realm of Ghyran, infesting it with disease and his plague infused followers and daemons, Alarielle and her peoples resist but as time passes, Nurgle only grows stronger and the realm of life weaker. Eventually she fled her home and hid for centuries in the Hidden Vale of Athelwyrd. From there she commanded the Sylvaneth through the World Roots in a war called the Hidden War, sending forth powerful enchantments and commands to defeat the invading chaos, but she saw every atrocity and grew despondent and could not bear to look any further. She sought comfort in the simple things of nature and memories of a prosperous past and stopped answering her commanders.[2b]
- The Realmgate Wars
- Hidden: Depressed, Alrielle has retreated to one of her last hidden strongholds - Athelwyrd, Sigmar sends Stormcast Eternals to locate her but they also lead Chaos to her, forcing her and few remaining followers to flee.
- Flight out of Darkness: The goddess transforms herself into a soulpod with the last of strength which is then carried by the Lady of Vines who hopes to plant her and see Alrielle reborn.
- Last Hope: Despite the unrelenting pursuit of Torglug the Despised and the loss of all her followers, the soulpod is planted on Blackstone Summit in the bloodsap of her most devoted daughter, the Lady of Vines.
- Awakening: Alrielle is reborn in her most warlike aspect, rejuvinating many parts of her dying realm and her followers, a new War of Life begins as her spirit-song sounds across every realm.
- Aftermath: She sensed Sigmar's manifestation upon the Nevergreen Mountains in Ghyran and sent a lesser manifestation to confront him, angry at his invasion. The god offered to help the goddess rescue the Sylvaneth Soul-Pods held hostage within a Flux-Cairn by Tzaangors. She refused and tried to rescue them with her sylvaneth, but they failed and soon erased her manifestation, leaving Sigmar alone with the laughter of Tzeentch.
- Sigmar and Alarielle meet for the first time in millenia at Highheim 
Alarielle the Everqueen atop a Wardroth Beetle.
- 1: White Dwarf Issue 76 11 July 2015, the Forces of Order.
- 2: Warhammer: Age of Sigmar
- 3: Battletome: Sylvaneth
- 4: Pantheon (short story) by Guy Haley
|Deities of the Mortal Realms|
|Incarnates||Alarielle - Gorkamorka - Grimnir - Grungni - Malerion - Nagash - Sigmar - Teclis - Tyrion|
|Zodiacal Godbeasts||Argentine - Auroxis - Behemat - Chimerac - Dracothion - Fangathrak - Gnorros - Hydragos - Ignax - Kharybtar - Lode-Griffon - Nyxtor - Ur-Phoenix - Vulcatrix - Vytrix - Ymnog|
|Chaos Gods||Great Horned Rat - Hashut - Khorne - Necoho - Nurgle - Slaanesh - Tzeentch|
|Underworld Deities||Brine-God - Stygxxian Goddess of Plenty - Vannah - Xereus|
|Other||Bad Moon - Gazul- Khaine - Kurnoth - Mathlann - Myrmidia - Y'ulea|