The statues of Azyrheim began to weep blood, one of the signs announcing the arrival of the Everchosen.
As millions fled Archaon and his armies they became millions that took refuge in the Azyrheim. Initially they were welcomed with open arms, but then it was discovered that many were infected with a sorcerous contagion by Archaon. Sigmar had to order many refugees to be turned and slay thousands within his realm.
Once the Gates of Azyr reopened many of the vengeful armies and warhosts of Azyrheim issued forth to reconquer the Mortal Realms, on their own or with the help of the Stormcast.
Locations and Famous Places of Azyrheim
- Carvolian’s Clockworks: The most famed establishment of its kind in all of Azyrheim, In the Time of Tribulations, its Artificer Marvo Carvolian was turned to dust when a Shyishan piece was broken.
- Eyrie of the Starhawk[4a]
- Shrouded Districts - the place of dwelling of the Daughters of Khaine[4b]
- Many of the city's most finest celestial orreries are powered by a single speck of Celestium, Azyr's Realmstone.
- 1: Age of Sigmar faction guide.
- 2: Battletome: Everchosen, pgs. 29-32
- 3: Battletome: Stormcast Eternals (2015), pgs. 17-20
- 4: Grand Alliance: Order
- 5: The Clockmakers tale on the Malign Portents Website
- 6: Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Malign Sorcery - Concerning Realmstone, pg 10-13