The Black Mountains are a considerable obstacle for Greenskin armies wishing to invade and plunder The Empire, who are forced to use the Black Fire Pass, the only reliable route to cross the mountains . Several battles, among them the decisive Battle of Black Fire Pass, were fought here.
Known features of the Black Mountains (east to west):
- Black Fire Pass
- This pass, used by the Old Dwarf Road, connects The Empire with the Dwarf capital of Karaz-a-Karak . It also connects with the South Road which leads to Barak Varr and the Border Princes. On the imperial end of the pass lies the town of Grenzstadt.
- This pass connects The Empire with Karak Hirn and the Khyprian Road; nominal border between the Vaults and the Black Mountains.
Several rivers of The Empire begin in the Black Mountains
- River Sol
- Upper Reik
- Blue Reach
- Aver Reach
Other streams flow southwards into the Border Princes
- Lodestone River
- River Treblecz
- River Stacneck
- Skull River
Notes & sources
- ↑ Warhammer Armies: The Empire (4th Edition) p.12 - Warhammer Armies: The Empire (6th Edition) p.67 - Warhammer Armies: The Empire (7th Edition) p.18
- ↑ Warhammer Armies: Dwarfs (4th Edition) p.16 - Warhammer Armies: Dwarfs (7th Edition revised) p.23
- ↑ Warhammer Armies: Dwarfs (4th Edition) p.17 - Warhammer Armies: Dwarfs (7th Edition revised) p.22