Daemonic Heralds are the mightiest of the regular foot troop Daemons of the Chaos Gods. Heralds vary greatly in appearance and ability, which is decided by which of the four gods of Chaos that they serve. They frequently ride the Daemonic Mounts of their patron gods, or Chariots pulled by them.
- Heralds of Khorne are the strongest physically of all Heralds. They are mighty warriors (even by Khornate standards) in close quarter combat, and terrorise their foes with an un-ending frenzied madness. They are as blood-hungry as Khorne himself and fight to show their honour and praise of him.[2a]
- Heralds of Tzeentch are created as a more stable type of Horror that is much harder to destroy and able to wield potent magic as well with devastating ease. Tzeentchian Heralds can also use their powers of sorcery to control both their horrific unstability and heal all but the most greivous wounds. These heralds can also see into the future, and use this knowledge to become even more effective military commanders.[2b]
- Heralds of Nurgle are among the most loathsome, festering creatures in the Old World. Nurglesque Heralds are crafted from the blighted soul-stuff of the most resilient mortals who have eventually been slain by Nurgle's Rot. Nurgle's Heralds wield very rusty blades known as Plagueswords which drip with the most noxious of infections which in combination with their bloated nauseating bodies make a repulsive, intimidating being.[2c]
- Heralds of Slaanesh are renown for their hypnotic glamour while at the same time being vicious, merciless fighters who can attack with astonishing speed and grace. Slaaneshi Heralds also serve the Dark Prince by acting as his messengers, attempting to tempt and corrupt the rulers of Mortal lands to become his allies and/or servants.[2d]
- 1: Warhammer Armies: Storm of Chaos (6th Edition), pg. 28
- 2: Warhammer Armies: Daemons of Chaos (7th Edition)