The Dragon Emperor is the ruler of the empire of Cathay, the largest nation in the world. He rules over a vast empire of many different peoples and cultures and his subjects number untold millions [1a][1b].
His full title is Celestial Dragon Emperor[1a][1b]; another of his titles seems to be Monkey King. The Dragon Emperor is supposedly immortal [1a]. Some believe that he is an actual dragon in the form of a man [1b].
- Emperor Xen Houng ruled around - 2748 IC, shortly before the creation of the Great Maw.
- An unnamed Dragon Emperor unified the land of Cathay into a single empire in - 1800 IC. He ordered the construction of the Great Bastion, a gigantic fortified wall, to protect his new empire against the marauding tribes of the Hung.
- Emperor Wu, of the Wu dynasty, was crowned in 1676 IC[*]. In 1690 he sent a large fleet to invade and conquer the Southlands[6a][6b]. The invasion ended in utter failure. It was probably this same Emperor Wu who met a large Tilean expedition in 1699 . In the end he hired its members to protect the western borders of his empire against the Hobgoblin hordes.
- 1: Warhammer Rulebook (7th Edition)
- 2: Red Thirst (Short Story)
- 3: Warhammer Armies: Ogre Kingdoms (8th Edition), pg. 22
- 4: Warhammer Armies: Ogre Kingdoms (6th Edition), pg. 8
- 5: Warhammer Armies: Warriors of Chaos (7th Edition), pg. 38
- 6: Warhammer Armies: Lizardmen (5th Edition)
- 7: Warhammer Armies: Dogs of War (4th Edition), pgs. 85, 92, 93