Gotrek & Felix (novel series)
The Gotrek & Felix novels form a series telling the adventures of Gotrek Gurnisson, a Dwarf Slayer, and Felix Jaeger, his human companion. Gotrek seeks a glorious death in battle to atone for his sins; Felix, after swearing an oath, is bound to record Grotek's heroic exploits and death in an epic poem.
The first 7 novels of the series were written by William King. Nathan Long has continued, starting with Orcslayer.
The series is comprised of the following books:
- Skavenslayer - an extra finishing chapter, concerning the trial of Grey Seer Thanquol by the Council of Thirteen, appeared inside of Warhammer Armies Skaven (4th edition).
- Orcslayer - written by Nathan Long
- Slayer of the Storm God - audio book
- Zombieslayer (forthcoming)
The Black Library began publishing the Thanquol and Boneripper series by C. L. Werner in 2009 and Ulrika the Vampire by Nathan Long in 2010. Both series are meant to expand on popular characters from the Gotrek & Felix series.
Thanquol and Boneripper
Ulrika the Vampire
Several short stories had appeared long before the publication of Trollslayer which collected them, joined them together with new stories, and presented them all in a chronological order.
- Geheimnisnacht appeared in the anthology Ignorant Armies.
- Wolf Riders appeared in the anthology Wolf Riders.
- The Dark Beneath The World appeared in the anthology Red Thirst.
- The Two Crowns of Ras Karim, a special short story was available to attendees of Games Day UK 2006. Written by Nathan Long, it was to tie in with the release of Orcslayer and the authors appearance at the event.
The first six novels were re-printed with new covers and many of the novels have been translated into several languages.
Games Workshop has created three sets of miniatures of the two heroes. The latest is a diorama, and includes Snorri Nosebiter, Maximilian Schreiber, and Ulrika.
- Trollslayer.net - William King's official website