Templar Orders are brotherhoods of champions of a particular deity, and act as the figurative 'mailed fist' of their respective religious cult. As well as fighting on behalf of the Empire, they are responsible for defending the temples of their cults and taking the forefront in any holy wars.
The members of Secular Orders will honour most gods in an equal measure.
Some Orders are regional organisations and recruit mostly among the sons the local nobility.
Famous Templar Orders
- Knights of the White Wolf, ferocious warriors of Ulric.
- Knights of the Blazing Sun, champions of Myrmidia.
- The Reiksguard, Bodyguards of the Emperor.
- Knights of the Fiery Heart, champions of Sigmar, they are committed to the destruction of Goblinoids and the persecution of heretics 
- Knights Griffon, fanatic Sigmarites.
- Knights of Morr, worshippers of Morr
- Knights of Sigmar's Blood, staunch Sigmarites.
Famous Secular Orders
- Knights Panther, an order dedicated to human purity and the eradication of mutants.
- Knights of the Gold Lion, an order fiercely loyal to the Empire
- Knights of the Everlasting Light
- Knights of the Broken Sword
- Knights of the Black Rose
- Knights of the Black Bear
Notes & sources
- Warhammer: Uniforms & Heraldry of The Empire, p.60, 61, 62 & 63
- Warhammer Armies: The Empire (4th Edition), p.52
- Warhammer Armies: The Empire (6th Edition), p.12, 13
- Warhammer Armies: The Empire (7th Edition), p.40, 41
- The Enemy Within campaign, volume 1, 1986, pp. 18, 27
- ↑ Trollslayer (novel), short-story The Dark Beneath the World