|Attention, Adept of the LEXICANUM!|
Nehekhara was an ancient empire and the place of the first human civilisation. It is now known as the Land of the Dead, and is the empire of the Tomb Kings under Settra the Imperishable. It is located far to the south of the Old World, beyond the Goblinoid-infested Badlands. It borders Araby to the west and the Southlands to the south.
The undead outnumber the living in Nehekhara many times over. It is a desert land where harsh storms batter the people and damage the buildings. Life is hard, but in some places, where the desert recedes, life can be pleasant. The Great Mortis River flows through the land, allowing a good deal of trade to pass down it to the interior.
The boundaries of Nehekhara are delineated by black towers. The land attracts archaeologists from the Empire as well as adventurers and tomb robbers.
Forces of the Tomb Kings
Over the centuries of the Nehekharan civilisation, countless soldiers died for their kings. Now the dead continue to serve their almighty masters in undeath. They consist mainly of skeletal soldiers, slow and pondering, but relentless and overwhelming. These unnumbered legions are augmented by War Statues, Legions of Chariots and bizarre war machines such as the Screaming Skull Catapult and Casket of Souls
There are many cities in Nehekhara, all of which are now devoid of all life. Some of these include:
- West of the Worlds Edge Mountains
- East of the Worlds Edge Mountains
There is also a colony of the Empire far to the south, a trading port on the Gulf of Medes named El-Kalabad, a city of Elf ruins just beyond the border and it is rumoured that the lost Dwarf keep of Karak Zorn lies south of Nehekhara.
There is also various different landmarks within Nehekhara, including:
- The Charnel Valley (formerly the "Valley of the Kings")
- The Fortress of Vorag
- The Oasis of a Thousand and One Camels
- The Pools of Despair
- The Black Pyramid of Nagash
- The Springs of Eternal Life
- The Crater of the Walking Dead
- The Devils Backbone Mountains
- The Marshes of Madness (formerly the "Sinking Marshes of Khernarch")
Notable Tomb Kings
- Khalida, High Queen of Lybaras
- Phar, King of Mahrak
- Sehenesmet, Vizier of Quatar
- Settra, Great King of Nehekhara
- Tutankhanut, Prince of Numas