Realm of Chamon
|Mortal Realms:||Aqshy • Azyr • Chamon • Chaos • Ghur • Ghyran • Hysh • Shyish • Ulgu|
The Realm of Chamon, also know as the Realm of Metal, is one of the eight Mortal Realms. It is a realm where transmutation is law with places such as iron deserts, bronze mountains, seas of silver and plains of brass.
Age of Myth
- While exploring the Iron Mountains in Chamon, Sigmar finds Grimnir and Grungni chained to it's highest summit and frees them. Afterwards Grungni gathers his scattered folk and establishes the Iron Karak.[4a]
- Grungni creates the Nineteen Wonders of Chamon, creating clouds of aether-gold from his breath as he exerts himself.[14a]
- Duradin and human smiths grow powerful and skilled and advanced technology such as magma farms are created.[14a]
- Seeing all is progressing well, Grungni leaves to joins the Pantheon of Order and begins to forge the Sigmarabulum.[14a]
- Eighty generations of peace and progress follow.[14a]
- Chamonite, the Realmstone of Chamon is found in vast quantities in the centre of the Godwrought isles, its is mined by the aether-glutton device and used by duradin aethermancers of Azgal and Sigyorn. Such are the quantities and importance to the humans, duardin and Gholemkind that it becomes a currency a drop equal to chest of gold coin.[14a]
- Strife begins to grow over Chamonite and wars are fought. [14a]
- Tzeentch notices the Realm and his daemons begin to whisper to the many who are now in poverty.[14a]
- A Zodiacal God-Beast, the Lode-Griffon descends on the realm, drawn by the unearthed Chamonite. [14a]
- It arrives in the Godwrought Isles but is chased away from the Hanging valleys by Argentine, making its new home on the central island, steadily distorting the lands with its unatural weight.[14a]
- The lands of the Godwrought Isles are twisted and damaged by the presence of the Lode-Griffon, destroying the pipelines that transport molten realmstone.[14a]
- In addition, The machinery of many duradin artisans is disrupted by the magnetic blood of the God-Beast, a great army of their monster slayers attempt to kill the slumbering beast, but its proves impervious to their weapons and rudely awoken devastates the area.[14a]
- Wars errupt across the area as some capitalise on the weakness of neighbours more affected by the disruption.[14a]
- A powerful gathering of mages and aethermancers gather to destroy the beast, but as the spell is cast, the ninth mage is revealed to be a Gaunt Summoner - the Watcher-King who flees.
- The Lode-Griffon is transformed by the spell into solid gold but the power used also tears a rift in reality allowing legions of Daemons to emerge. [14a]
Age of Chaos
- Daemons flock to the Realm, devouring mortal souls and seeking Chamonite.[14a]
- The growing sky fleets of the Duradin defeat winged and disc riding minions of Tzeentch. [14a]
- The Time of Reaving: The sky-ports clash over resources.
- The Code: The Duardin meet at the Conference of Madralta and produce a document known as the Kharadron Code.[14a]
- Barak-Nar defeats the airborne Waaagh! of the Great Ghazbag.
- Tzeentch uses the immense power gathered by his daemons to cast a spell that rains warpfire on the Spiral Crux. [14a]
- A vast island of shimmering crystal is conjured into being, overwhelming the Seedgate isle, its power further twisting the inner lands of the Spiral Crux. [14a]
- The Forge City of Grungni is overrun by the Skaven[14a] and the last duardin Karaks fall in the battle of Zaruk, refuges flee to the fledgling sky-ports and aerial mining stations.
- The remaning human nations destroy each other in wars or in resistance to the forces of Chaos.[14a]
- The sorcerer of Tzeentch, Ephix constructs a fortress and siphon structure in Anvok, both harnessing and hiding the lost Ghal Maraz.[6a]
Age of Sigmar
As the Age of Sigmar began Chamon's metallic landscapes pulsed azure in colour.[4b]
- Barak-Zon is blockaded by daemons of Tzeentch, a vast fleet from the other sky-ports relieves it.
- The Stormcast Eternals attacked the Eldritch Fortress of Ephryx, forcing the sorcerer to unleash its power to annihilate them. The Stormhosts were all destroyed and sent back to Azyr, but in doing so Ephryx inadvertently revealed that his fortress held the fabled hammer of Sigmar, Ghal Maraz.
- Under the magical light of the Alchemists Moon the Chaos citadels of Anvork are attacked by thousands of Gore-gruntas whose tusks and hides have been turned to living iron 
- A vast force of Stormcast is able to reclaim Ghal Maraz and return it to Sigmar. [6a]
- Tzeentch establishes a chain of crystaline sky castles at the edge of the atmosphere. which are discovered by Barak-Zilfin[14a]
- For more information see: Spiral Crux
The Hanging Valleys is a skyscape set apart from the rest of Chamon in the void. These mountainous lands are much like a world torn into scraps and arranged in staggered sequence. Riverfalls of molten silver connect them, each overflowing from an unimaginable vast crucible set above it all and heated by the warpfire of the zodiac serpent Argentine.
- Anvrok: Largest of the Hanging Valleys, Anvrok contains the Realmgates known as the Silverway and the Bright Tor Gate. Once a great valley kingdom, it is now little more than ruins, its cities destroyed by Chaos and its people reduced to nomad tribes and even worse fates.
- The Great Crucible: Floating at the apex of the region, rivers of liquid quicksilver flow from the Great Crucible onto the Hanging Valleys below. The flames of Argentine, the great Silver Wyrm, keeps the metal molten.
- Denvrok: One of the smaller hanging valleys that hang below Anvrok. Mercuria Valley is located here.
- Kantrok: One of the smaller hanging valleys that hang below Anvrok. Vytrix eats the silver river before ir can reach this valley.
- Barak-Mhornar, The City of Shadow.
- Barak-Nar, City of the First Sunrise.
- Barak-Thryng, City of the Ancestors.
- Barak-Urbaz, The Market City.
- Barak-Zilfin,The Windswept City.
- Barak-Zon, City of the Sun.
- Alchemist's Moon: Hangs above the Hanging Valleys.
- Cyllachtus: The Living Isle 
- Golgeth: A great spined sphere that is found deep within the realm which attracts magic and has a hidden world within it - the Undervault where gravity and time fluctuate. [6a]
- Anchron Plateau: A vast disc of metal ore that is safe from the destructive aura of the outer shell of Golgeth and where time passes very slowly.[6a]
- The Forge-City of Grungni: Created after Sigmar released the duardin god from his chains, located in the Age of Chaos by Barak-Zilfin - it is infested with Skaven.
- The Ironholds: When Archaon tightened his tyrant’s grip upon the Ironholds, deadly spines of metal fell from the skies in killing squalls, while the armour of would-be trespassers rusted away to nothing.
- Iron-Scree Wastes: Apparently endless, the Wryd-Engine Lumbers ceaselessly across it.
- Iron Mountains: A mountain range where Sigmar found the Duardin gods, Grungni and Grimnir, fettered on it's highest summits.[4a]
- Madralta: The floating isle where the Kharadron Overlords hammered out the Kharadron Code which still guides their civilisation.
- The Mines of Muspelzharr: After an Ironweld Arsenal exploratory train relieves a Kharadron Overlords outpost, a profitable alliance was formed between the two to exploit the precious metals in the mountains.
- Vindicarum: A volcanic city of Order built after the Realmgate Wars.
- Barak-Urbaz has several secret realmgates.
- Tri-gate of Tristombul: A Realmgate that connected Chamon, Azyr, and Shyish.
- Shardgate: A corrupted Realmgate located near the Eldritch Fortress of Ephryx that leads into the Crystal Labyrinth of Tzeentch.[5b]
- Silverway: A hidden Realmgate found in Anvrok made of quicksilver that can connect Chamon to any of the other realms when the proper words of power are spoken. The connection is one-way, with the living metal bridges formed by the gate melting away behind the traveller, making a return trip impossible.[4c]
- Bright Tor Gate: Found in the Bright Tor Mountains, it connects the Hanging Valleys of Anvrok to other regions in Chamon.[4c]
- Whispering Gate: A corrupted Realmgate once guarded by the Grimskulls warband and sealed by the Anvils of the Heldenhammer.
- Mercurial Gate: The Arcway of Chamon that leads to the All-Points.
- Beastmen: Anvrok has cooper-skinned beastmen.[5a]
Flora and Fauna
- The Hanging Valley of Anvrok has many unnamed creatures including: Metal-feathered carrion birds with shear-beaks, silver-skinned hounds with molten metal slavering from their chaos, daemon gargoyles and cog-scaled fish.[1c]
Map of the Hanging Valleys
- 1: White Dwarf Issue 75 4 July 2015, The Nine Realms
- 2: White Dwarf Issue 76 11 July 2015
- 3: Season of War gaming aid from the WH AoS app, The Seeds of Hope.
- 4: Warhammer: Age of Sigmar - Mighty Battles in an Age of Unending War
- 5: The Realmgate Wars: The Quest for Ghal Maraz
- 6: The Realmgate Wars: Balance of Power
- 6a: The War of Lost Time
- 7: The Realmgate Wars: Godbeasts
- 8: The Realmgate Wars: All-Gates
- 9: General's Handbook 2017, pg. 45
- 10: Battletome: Kharadron Overlords
- 11: Battletome: Ironjawz
- 12: Battletome: Flesh-Eater Courts - War of the Wyrd-engine, pg. 64-66
- 13: Battletome: Khorne Bloodbound, pg. 23-24
- 14: Age of Sigmar: Core Book (2nd Edition)
- 14a: The Spiral Crux, pg. 104 -107.