Realm of Hysh
|Mortal Realms:||Aqshy • Azyr • Chamon • Chaos • Ghur • Ghyran • Hysh • Shyish • Ulgu|
The Realm of Hysh, also known as the Realm of Light, is one of the eight Mortal Realms. Hysh is a realm where reason and symmetry rule, and where purity endures the touch of Chaos. The lands of the realm are rife with symbolism and hidden meaning. Before the Age of Chaos, Hysh and Ulgu, the Realm of Shadow, were known as the Mirror Realms, each said to be an opposing reflection of the other.
Age of Myth
Tyrion and Teclis awoke from a long enchanted slumber in the realm of Hysh. The two brothers understood without knowing how that Hysh was theirs to shape as well as to protect and serve. Tyrion and Teclis searched the realm for their people, the aelves, but found no sign of them. In time the two encountered Sigmar and learned that aelves were unknown in the realms outside the city of Azyrheim. The two aelven deities agreed to join Sigmar's pantheon.
Age of Chaos
Though Chaos engulfed all the Mortal Realms, Hysh retained some of its former purity.
The Realm is divided into ten Paradises.
- Dreaming Tombs: Because of the wars of the Age of Sigmar, the flesh-eater courts, spread out from here.
- Dreaming Plains: Where the Seraphon built the geometric tower.
- Glass Mountains: A group of mountain where Tzeentch's followers erect altars.
- Gealus Ocean - great ocean of the realm; the first of the Idoneth Deepkin were settled there by Teclis
- Lunarest: The Thungur Lodge inhabits this diamond-faced mountain.[11a]
- Lykerna: A human city of Tyrion worshippers destroyed by the Khornate warlord Graunos.
- Plain of Sigils: Each new dawn these vast salt plains are swept into ridges and dunes that, from above, form the sigils of Lord Pha's hermetic priesthood, granting boons to those who prove worthy.
- Shadow Wastes: Found on the leeward side of the Gloaming Mountains, they were ravaged by the One-eyed King and his army of Abhorrants.
- Soothsaying Conclaves
- Transient Isles: A floating archipelago containing many aelven sanctuaries. The Dawnspire is located in the smallest of these isles.
- Tourmaline Spires: Sigmar could not completely perceive them until the Lord-Relictors of the Tempest Lords braved their light beams. 
- Weaveweld Spire over the Dreaming Vales where stands bastion of the Swifthawk Agents
- Arcway of Hysh: The unnamed realmgate that connects Hysh to the Allpoints.
- Crystal Portals: Archaon sabotage these realmgates with murder spells after learning of Sigmar's attempts to capture them.
The realm is notable as being the home to a variety of Aelvish cultures as well as some the greatest cities created by humankind in the Age of Myth.
Flora and Fauna
- 1: Warhammer: Age of Sigmar - Mighty Battles in an Age of Unending War
- 2: The Realmgate Wars: The Quest for Ghal Maraz
- 3: The Realmgate Wars: Balance of Power
- 4: The Realmgate Wars: Godbeasts
- 5: The Realmgate Wars: All-Gates
- 6: General's Handbook 2017, pg. 46
- 7: Age of Sigmar faction guide
- 8: The Prodigal by David Annandale
- 9: Spire of Dawn guide - Tower of Dawn, pg. 2-3
- 10: Battletome: Seraphon
- 11: Battletome: Fyreslayers
- 11a: Battletome: Fyreslayers Fyreslayers of the Realms
- 12: Battletome: Flesh-Eater Courts
- 13: Battletome: Everchosen
- 14: Grand Alliance: Order, pg. 217
- 15: Battletome: Idoneth Deepkin, Underwater Empires, pgs. 20-23
- 16: Age of Sigmar: Core Book (2nd Edition) Hysh, Realm of Light, p110-111