Realm of Ulgu
|Mortal Realms:||Aqshy • Azyr • Chamon • Chaos • Ghur • Ghyran • Hysh • Shyish • Ulgu|
The Realm of Ulgu consists of thirteen individual regions - each one is said to be full of riddles and secrets and all are rife with dangerous illusions.
Age of Myth
Malerion awoke fully formed in the Realm and wondered alone across the thirteen domains of Ulgu, but he found no other aelves. At last he encountered a kabal of shadow-daemons and at centre of the revels was finally a familiar form - Morathi, his mother from the World-that-Was. Although their reunion was anything but joyful, they reached an uneasy truce and joined other deities in the Great Alliance that was being formed by Sigmar.
Age of Chaos
- Many Slaaneshi warbands sought for their lost god in the Realm of Shadows, blaming Malerion for his disappearance. 
- Children of the Horned Rat sent substantional forces to Ulgu.
- Alarielle sends twelve Sons of Durthu into the realm to search for a weapon of power to help save her own Realm of Ghyran.
Age of Sigmar
When Sigmar opened the gates of the Realm of Azyr, the shadows shifted enough that Sigendil, the High Star was able to be seen. Pillars of energy burst from Ulgu's skies to throwh light where it had never been seen before.[1a]
- Druchiroth: Created by the sorcery of Malerion and Morathi in the Age of Myth to be the ruling city of the thirteen kingdoms of the Realm. [12a]
- Hushed Hills: Home to a subterranean empire of Moonclan Grots known as Badsnatchers consisting of of seven huge lurklairs ruled over by Ogwotz Da Magnificent.[17a]
- Ironshard: A temple to Khaine is created here by Morathi in the Age of Myth, it becomes the home of the Khelt Nar Sect which will grow to even rival Hagg Nar.[12d]
- Manses of Melkoth: Once proud palaces and mansions of the Mage Prince Melkoth, now they are but shadows of their former self, eroded by the Liars Mist.
- Tattered Lands: A place with very little color inhabited by the Darvish hillmen, the Daemon Oracle Jago could be found there.
- Ulgulands Where Malerion's ire waxes long.
- Spyrglass Warrens: A place of twisting tunnels that was destroyed by Chaos Daemons, the only known survivor was Urglom who only did so by feeding on his kin.
- Umbral Deeps: One of the few locations were Archaon never conquered or destroyed in the Age of Chaos.
- Umbral Veil: Morathi was banished into this land by her Malerion and set up the first temples to Khaine here with a few loyal followers.[12a]
- Umbralic Sea: When she escaped from Slaanesh, Morathi fell into this sea, saved from anew death by a conjured speher of protection.[12a]
- Bridge of Sorrows: It connected Ulgu to Shyish. The Seraphon intervened after this portal was corrupted by Chaos.
- Penumbral Gate: The Arcway of Ulgu that connects to the Allpoints. All forces sent there do not return.
- Caengan Lodge: Fyreslayers who settled in the realm as they sought Ur-Gold, they formed pacts with the Shadowkin and gained battle tactics from the Shroudling Kings
- Legion of Azgorh: A force infamous for the terror they spread and harbouring utter contempt for all others, they have sold their souls in service to Hashut.
- Shadow Daemons
|You should neither trust your eyes nor should you rely upon your other senses. They are not to be trusted, for this is Ulgu. And in this realm no fortress is ever safe – for the shadows fall everywhere and there are many creatures that move at will through the darkness.|
- 1: Warhammer: Age of Sigmar
- 1a: From the Heavens
- 2: General's Handbook 2017
- 3: Godless by David Guymer
- 4: Battletome: Sylvaneth (2016)
- 5: White Dwarf Issue 76 11 July 2015 - Forces of Order
- 6: Battletome: Seraphon (2015)
- 7: The Realmgate Wars: All-Gates
- 8: Battletome: Khorne Bloodbound (2015)
- 9: Battletome: Everchosen (2015)
- 10: Battletome: Flesh-Eater Courts (2016)
- 11: Battletome: Fyreslayers (2016) - Fyreslayers of the Realms
- 12: Battletome: Daughters of Khaine (2018)
- 13: Legion of Azgorh on the Forgeworld website
- 14: Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Blightwar guide, pg. 6
- 15: Malign Sorcery - Umbral Spellportal, pg 27
- 16: Inferno! Volume 2: At the Sign of the Brazen Claw: Part Two - The Merchant's Story by Guy Haley
- 17: Battletome: Gloomspite Gitz (2019)
- 17a: The Gloomspite Hordes - pg.22-25