Realmgates are shimmering portals used by the inhabitants of the Mortal Realms to travel across and between them. Some Realmgates have become corrupted by Chaos and lead to various regions within the Realm of Chaos.
Having no need to use them, but seeing the importance of the Realmgates to the forces of Chaos, the Slann weave spells that change the alignment of many gateways altering their destination forever.
- Baleful Realmgates: Unstable and flickering, these gates have been cursed by the dark gods. Anyone that travels through them runs the risk of being devoured by daemons. Powerful wizards and priests can stabilize these portals for some time.
- Gate of Azyr: A portal connecting Azyr to one of the other Mortal Realms. The most famous is the Whispering Gate located in Aqshy in the Brimstone Peninsula. Its conquest was the first objective of the Sigmar's recovery of the realms.
- Arcway: Unique Realmgates that connect to the realm known as Allpoints. Each Mortal Realm contains only one Arcway, which are heavily guarded by fortresses called All-gates. Prior to the Realmgate Wars, all the Arcways save the Arcway to Azyr remained open and their All-gates were occupied by Chaos forces.
- Brimfire Gate: The Arcway of Aqshy. Closed by the Stormcast Eternals.
- Genesis Gate: The Arcway of Ghyran. Closed by the Stormcast Eternals.
- Endgate: The Arcway of Shyish. Controlled by the forces of Chaos.
- Mercurial Gate: The Arcway of Chamon. Controlled by the forces of Chaos.
- Mawgate: The Arcway of Ghur. Freed from Chaos by the Ironjawz, but remains open.
- Penumbral Gate: The Arcway of Ulgu. The fate of this Realmgate is currently a mystery, as all forces sent there do not return.
- 1: What's News Today: 2015/07/21
- 2: Baleful Realmgates product description
- 3: White Dwarf Issue 75 4 July 2015, Sigmar Strikes
- 4: Warhammer: Age of Sigmar - Mighty Battles in an Age of Unending War
- 5: The Realmgate Wars: All-gates
- 6: Battletome: Everchosen, pg. 29-32
- 7: Battletome: Seraphon, pg. 15-18