The most prominent of these spirits are the Treelords and Treelord Ancients who serve the tree folk not only as leaders and nobility but also as Loremasters, Captains of the Household and Warhosts. The Ancients are the rulers of the many enclaves of the sylvaneth that survived the Age of Chaos as well as mystics and defenders of the forests.
Both Ancients and Treelords resonate with life magic and are able to not only perceive but also project the Spirit Song of Alarielle across huge distances - hundreds of miles or more, although they cannot project it between realms, only their goddess can do that. Many of these powerful entities can also use the realmroots to move between Wyldwoods, traveling many leagues in the blink of an eye.[7a]
As they move, the earth shakes with their strides and their roots burrow through the ground to strangle their enemies. Their massive talons can impale or sweep away its enemies and their groundshaking stomps can knock them of their feet.
Treelord Ancients are gargantuan, towering tree-spirits and some of the oldest living creatures in the Mortal Realms. Compared to those that dwelt in the World-that-Was they have replaced their strangleroots with a doom tendril staff. Ancients are powerful wizards capable of using the Lore of the Deepwood as well casting other spells such as Arcane Bolt, Mystic Shield and their own Awakening The Wood which is used to awaken the Wyldwoods to assault its enemies with their branches and thorns.[7b]
Branchwyches are both the priestesses of the sylvaneth and the fearsome warrior matriarchs of their households. In the tree-folk society they not only act as spritual guides but also harvest the lamentri of the fallen to replant with soulpods, whereas in battle they act as leaders and offer magical support to their kin. They are also well known for having short tempers which they harness in battle when provoked, and with the exception of spites even other sylvaneth normally step warily around them. Branchwyches are normally accompanied by a bittergrub who helps protect them from enemies, nestling in their branches or on their shoulder as they travel.[7c]
Tree-Revenants are a sombre warrior caste, in appearance partly reflecting the fabled Protectors of old and the nearest thing that the tree-folk have to conventional soldiers although they will often take advantage of the realmroots to move between Wyldwoods to where they are needed or to surprise an enemy.
- Treelords and Treelord Ancients
- Cuthrucu - Treelord Ancient of the Salish Woad Wargrove
- Haaldhorm, Treelord Ancient - Wrathsinger of Clan Naeth'ar - The most ancient of the Sylvaneth
- Lharenthol: Treelord Ancient of Harvestboon Glade who forged an alliance with Drycha Hamadreth to take back Vastclaw Valley, freeing Eagderethil, the father of bladewillows.[1b]
- Nuurnil the wanderer[1a]
- Sternbark: A treelord that fought the Glottkin.
- Boughmaster Thaark: Revered Ancient of House Ith'lear who was slain by followers of Nurgle, his lamentri used in an attempt to corrupt the Kingstree.
- Thelphenil of House Ith'lear 
A Branchwych miniature.
Treelord miniature, attacking with its Strangleroots.
Treelord Ancient miniature, wielding a Doom Tendril Staff.
Five Tree-Revenant miniatures of a unit.
Two Tree-Revenants miniatures, one of them wielding a Glade Banner and the other a leader of a unit called a Scion.
|Die thee, plaguespawn! Rotfinger! Viletouch! Squirm your last! The sylvaneth kindled beauty in these lands you have befoul'd and by my scythe, so shall we again.
~ Branchwych Astylia at the Battle of the Oozing Dell.[1a]
- 1: Battletome: Sylvaneth
- 2: The Realmgate Wars: Balance of Power
- 3: Hammerhal & Other Stories - Heartwood by Robbie MacNiven
- 4: Branchwych product description
- 5: Sylvaneth Treelord product description
- 6: Sylvaneth Treelord Ancient product description
- 7: Warscrolls
- 8: Sylvaneth Tree-Revenants product description
- 9: Grand Alliance: Order, pgs. 86-87