Worlds Edge Mountains
The Worlds Edge Mountains are the greatest range of mountains in the Warhammer world, stretching from the northern Old World to the Southlands, and forming a natural and insurmountable barrier between the Old World and the Dark Lands. Its tallest peaks tower almost fifty thousand feet above the plains below. The great height of the mountains makes the range impassable except across the mountain passes. The whole mountain range is undercut by ancient underground passageways built by the Dwarfs which allow passage beneath the mountains.
In the distant past the mountain range was the site of the Dwarf empire. During this time numerous fortress cities known as the Dwarfholds were built into the rock in the mountains.
From north to south:
- High Pass, Kislev-Dark Lands pass
- Peak Pass, Empire-Dark Lands pass, guarded by Karak Kadrin
- Black Fire Pass, Empire-Border Princes passage in the southern Old World, where the Worlds Edge Mountains and the Black Mountains divide.
- Mad Dog Pass, from the Border Princes to the Dark Lands.
- Death Pass, Badlands-Dark Lands passage in the southern Old World, overlooked at its western side by the Orc fortress of Black Crag.
- ↑ Warhammer Fantasy Battle, 3rd edition, 1991, p.