|Attention, Adept of the LEXICANUM!|
It was built by King Zakash and is said that letters and writing were invented here. It is located about 600 miles north west of Khemri in the delta region of the Great Mortis River. It is within 100 miles of the Swamp of Terror and as such faced terrible pestilence after the spell cast by Nagash desolated the land. Like its sister city, Numas, it suffered greatly when the lands were poisoned and its crops died. Although Zandri had access to the coast and sea foods its population suffered horribly.
Zandri was first conquered by Settra, like the rest of Nehekhara. Eventually the city rebelled and followed Prince Ahtaf I, who later became king. Later King Khetep conquered Zandri, like all of Nehekhara, and its people prospered like never before under his rule.
After Nagash came to power, Zandri, and the cities of Numas, Mahrak, Lybaras and Rasetra allied in an attempt to end his tyranny (although Zandri and Numas were initially his allies). Zandri provided deadly archers to the alliance, instrumental in the great battles. Eventually, the alliance fell apart, fighting amongst themselves, and the cities returned.
Zandri was conquered three more times, by King Alkhazzar II and then Alcadizaar the Conqueror. Finally, with the second rising of Settra, Zandri came under his rule permanently, Zandri's Tomb Kings awaiting the call to rise again.
Notable Incidents during Settra's Rule
- Year 275 - There was strife in the Necropolis of Zandri.
- Year 1112 - Zandri and Numas rebelled, attempting to rid themselves of Settra, but failed.
- Year 2588 - The desert dwellers came and desecrated the Necropolis of Zandri and slew many Liche Priests.
- Year 2603 - An army of numerous armoured warriors came from the direction of the desert dwellers and fought against the rulers of Zandri, despoiling the city and stealing scrolls.
- Year 3656 - The Tilites came and despoiled the tombs of the Necropolis of Zandri. Two kings fought, King Behedesh and King Memnesh.
King Amenemhetum, who built vast fleets to sail and conquer the seas, ruled from Zandri. He also created the Standard of the Sands, giving his forces an advantage over their enemies. Later, one of the inscriptions in his tomb was translated by Alun Gartner, a denizen of the Old World.
The city of Zandri was dedicated to the god Ualatp, the vulture god.
|The necropolises of the Tomb Kings.|
|Khemri - Numas - Zandri - Bhagar- Beremas - Quatar - Rasetra - Mahrak - Lybaras - Lahmia|