Those who survive through the lifestyle of trial and combat that is a Bloodbound Warband, arise as Gorechosen, the lieutenants united around a Lord of Khorne. All of the Gorechosen aim at taking the control of a Bloodhound host, by slaying their Lord of Khorne. This is one of the most paradoxical aspect of Khorne's belligerent worshippers, serving as an elite guard for their Lord, but as soon as the occasion of a slaughter or an opportunity to slay the lord, the gorechosen will jump on it to ascend.
Exalted Deathbringers are some of Khorne's mightiest Bloodbound followers, leading them into battle and second only to the Mighty Lords of Khorne. Most of Khorne's mortal followers die to his violent and destructive path, replaced with new devotees. Only those that survive the ordeal of endless war, using brute force and raw power, can become his Exalted Deathbringers.
They are whirling torrents of rage, madness and bloodlust, killing, without hesitation or mercy, to reach ever higher panes of glory in the name of their god. Like other Khornate followers they wear little armor, showing off their scarred and mutated bodies to strike fear into their enemies. Their daemonic visage is reinforced by a pair of curved horns sprouting from their head, undoubtedly a show of favour from Khorne, which they can use as a weapon. Runes of Khorne are usually carved on their bodies or found on talismans they carry around.
Some of them are armed with Ruinous Axes, a gigantic axe with a blade wider than a Ogor's torso, and Skullgougers, horrific bucklers designed to destroy weapons and disarm opponents and usually used to strike into the eye sockets like it's name suggests. Others wield Bloodbite axes and Runemarked Shields.
Skullgrinders are hulking warrior-smiths who command awe even amongst the most lunatic of the Bloodbound. They wield sacrificial, burning anvils at the end of long brass chains and their arcing, swinging attacks can burst the heads of their opponents instantly, leaving nothing but a faint red mist and some shattered, splintered bone. Each skull dispatched in this way causes the the anvil to burn ever brighter.
- Qyat of the Folded Soul: Skullgrinder of the Soulmaw, Forgemaster of Ulgu. 
- Volundr of Hesphut: The Skullcracker, Skullgrinder of the Soulmaw, Forgemaster of Aqshy. 
- Wolant Sevenhand: Skullgrinder of the Soulmaw, Forgemaster of Chamon. 
- Zaar: the Hound of Shyish. Skullgrinder of the Soulmaw, Forgemaster of Shyish. 
- Akor Ragemaker: one of the mightiest Skullgrinders to ever live. Tore apart the Chrome Kingdoms with an army of hundreds of thousands of Wrathmongers. 
- 1: Battletome: Blades of Khorne - The Chosen of Khorne, pg. 28-29
- 2: Battletome: Khorne Bloodbound
- 2a: pg. 39
- 3: Warscrolls
- 4: Games Workshop Webstore
- 4a: Warhammer: Age of Sigmar Starter Set product description
- 4b: Exalted Deathbringer product description
- 4c: Aspiring Deathbringer product description
- 4d: Exalted Deathbringer Axe and Shield product description
- 4e: Skullgrinder product description
- 4f: Korghos Khul and Bloodsecrator product description
- 4g: Slaughterpriest product description
- 5: What's New Today: 2015/08/17
- 6: Spear of Shadows by Josh Reynolds
- 7: The Unending Storm by Nick Kyme
- 8: The Prodigal by David Anandale
- 9: Gorechosen by Andy Clark
- 10: The Eighth Victory by Graeme Lyon