Difference between revisions of "Tzeentch Arcanites"
|Line 51:||Line 51:|
* [[Lore of Fate]]
* [[Lore of Fate]]
* [[Tzeentch Arcanites Armoury]]
* [[Tzeentch Arcanites Armoury]]
Latest revision as of 11:13, 14 August 2019
Tzeentch Arcanites are the mortal followers of the Architect of Fate, the Chaos god Tzeentch. Many mortal worshippers of Tzeentch are sorcerers, among the most ambitious and the hungriest for power of his servants. Scholars and other educated elites who desire unearthly knowledge and power are often drawn to the service of Tzeentch.
In the Mortal Realms, Arcanite Cults are often lead by Magisters, powerful sorcerers blessed with mutations and other gifts of the Great Conspirator. They often take complicated or profound titles such as the Grand Vizier of Change or the Keeper of Illusion. They may rule alone or as part of a cabal of the powerful within the cult, they may be mere puppets of Daemons or about to ascend into the ranks of the Daemon Princes.
Fatemasters are the mighty chaos Lords, warriors that crusade on behalf of their master in many and varied ways and forms as they seek to pass the Nine Dreaded Trials of Fate. They may lead grand armies or conduct a secretive guerrilla war in the heart of enemy territory. Curselings are sorcerers who once aspired to the title of Magister but their magic’s drew forth a daemonic parasite and it now grows within - a cackling, twisted homunculus known as a Tretchlet who guides their path. It also allows them to discern lies from truth and so Curselings are sought after by arcanite cults.
Kairic Acolytes are the rank and file cultists and may be found in all walks of life, living as normal members of a mortal society. To become a cultist one must complete the Karic Test of Nine culminating in a walk through warpfire which will either destroy them or transform them. They are able to shift between this and their original form, allowing them to remain hidden whilst the cult grows in strength. Some chosen mortals are gifted Vulcharcs chaos-corrupted carrion birds that feast on magi.
The beast-kin that are dedicated to Tzeentch are known as Tzaangors, some are mutants born to humans, others are the result of transformative spells by a Tzaangor Shaman and yet others are birthed by their own many bearing the mark of their god and creator, often being avian in nature. They are found throughout the Mortal Realms usually divided into two distinct groups. The Skyfires ride upon Discs of Tzeentch. Whilst they can see into the future, they are utterly silent – a pleasing contradiction to their god. The Enlightened are more typical beastmen although they too have a dark gift, the ability to see the past. Tzaangor Shamans are spellcasting beatsmen, they often ride Discs of Tzeentch – Screamers to battle, flinging spells of corruption, destruction and mutation.
Gaunt Summoners stand high in the favour of their god, they are vastly powerful magicians although there are only ever nine in existence at one time. Ogroid Thaumaturges are powerful servants of Tzeentch whose mighty bodies are cloaked in skin which writhes with the same arcane energy as their totemic staves.
- Burning Eye: Splinter cult of the Pyrofane Cult.
- Contoroid: Splinter cult of the Distorter Cult.
- Distorter Cult: Members are adorned with blood-scrawl markings.
- Eldritch Cult: They whisper in the ears of the ambitious and frustrated within the Collegiate Arcane.
- Cult of Blessed Transition: 
- Cult Cognita: It is said their Inner Circle know the truth of the disappearance of Slaanesh.
- Cult Esoteric: Founded by the Magister Tri'chlan.
- Cult of Oracles: They seek to disrupt the very stars themselves.
- Cult of the Fractal Demise: Once bombarded the city of Celestrum with giant mutating mirrors.
- Cult of the Majestic Blue Flame: Active in the city of Phoenicium.
- Cult Pandemonious: Their goal is to create anarchy.
- Cult of a Thousand Eyes: Favouring secrecy, they have a multi-realm spy network.
- Cult of the Transient Form: Many of this cult seek to be transformed into Tzaangors, embracing the eternal power of change.
- Cult of Twisted Fate: Twisted ironies are the delight of this cult.
- Guild of Summoners: It is their aim to bind nine Lords of Change to their service.
- Lazulites: Splinter cult of the Guild of Summoners.
- Pyrofane Cult: Obsessed with fiery destruction, they seek out the secrets of wyldfire.
- Ninety-Nine Feathers: They are skin-changers and sorcerers, a war-cabal of the Sideways City who serve the King of All Ravens.
- Ninth Brotherhood: Members are marked with white flames.
- Transcendental Flames: 
|Daughter of the King of All Ravens||Tzeentch Arcanites||Magister||Human||The leader of the Ninety-Nine Feathers, a war-cabal of skin-changers and sorcerers who serve the King of All Ravens|
|Sharizad||Tzeentch Arcanites||Magister||Human||The Many-Splendored One, the Shimmering Countess of Charn was a Champion of Tzeentch|
|Tri'chlan||Tzeentch Arcanites||Magister||Human||Magister and founder of the Cult Esoteric and a member of the Grand Academy in Hammerhal.|
|Yuhdak of the Ninefold Path||Tzeentch Arcanites||Magister||Human||The last prince of the City of Tiers is a powerful sorcerer in the service of Tzeentch, currently seeking the Eight Lamentations|
|Zagul||Tzeentch Arcanites||Unknown||Human||A Tzeentch Arcanite that tried to captured the Slann Telotok in a maze of sorcery, but the powerful Starmaster reverted the trap sealing the Chaos worshipper in a prison made from a constellation of stars.|
|Ompallious Zeyros||Tzeentch Arcanites||Knight||Human||He is also known as the Radiant Knight and is a champion of Tzeentch who travels in the Stalking Keep.|
|Tzanghur||Tzeentch Arcanites||Shaman||Tzaangor||Great Changer of the Hexhoof.|
|Zyclaw||Tzeentch Arcanites||Shaman||Tzaangor||A bitter and power hungry Tzaangor Shaman that leads the Changemasters on a self imposed quest to destroy 999 other magic users in the name of Tzeentch.|
- 1: Battletome: Disciples of Tzeentch (2017)
- 2: Spear of Shadows (novel) by Josh Reynolds
- 3: Battletome: Stormcast Eternals (2017) pg. 22