Amethyst wizards are one with the dead, and as a result have a fearsome reputation - so much that members of the order are shunned by the inhabitants of Altdorf. Amethyst wizards are able to communicate with the spirits of the dead. To help facilitate this the Amethyst building of the college overlooks the old Altdorf cemetery.
The Lore of Magic they study is the Lore of Death.
- Ashes and Dust: The wizard unleashes a choking dust cloud from their fingerips. [2a]
- Crystal Maze: A small element of the legendary labyrinth of legend is brought into the mortal world. [2a]
- The Choking Foe: A suffocating energy flows from the wizards nose, ears, eyes and mouth. [2a]
- Scythe: Portrayed inverted to represent the heavy burden the wizards carry. A pair of overlaid and crossed scythes inscribed by a Amethyst mage on a tomb warns of a slumbering evil within. [2a]
Ferdinand Gruber, A wizard of the Grey Order
- 1: Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos, Magisterix Elspeth von Draken, pg. 152-153
- 2: Storm of Magic
- 2a: The Lore of Shadow, pg. 41
- White Dwarf 355, (July 2009), pgs. 84-85
- Warhammer Armies: The Empire (6th Edition) (2000), pgs. 52-54, 60, 63
- Warhammer Armies: The Empire (7th Edition) (2007), pgs. 44, 60-61