Famed for its shipwrights and pilots, explorers and traders from Barak-Zilfin venture further in the search for profit than any other sky-port. The pilots can read the winds and zephyrs so well that they are known as the windmasters. More airships come from the many and powerful Coghalls than from any other sky-port and now the city is the second largest, a position it will be hard to shift from. 
Although Barak-Zilfin discovered the location of the lost Forge-city of Grungni, it had been entirely infested by the skaven and all seven expeditions to the city have met with failure – either to retake it or even to return lost artefacts.
At the beginning of the Time of Tribulations, Admiral Drekk Leifson leads a fleet through the Lesser Mawr-Portal, looking to reach the city of Shadespire, despite strong resistance by the undead they send search parties into the city. Ten duardin return from the search and send word to their home via clockwork hawk, claiming their retreaval of the Magnificent Mirror, but they are never seen again.
- Admiral Bengtsson: He made a deal with the Witch Hunter Hanniver Toll for transportation in exchange for the location of a major Aether-gold seam. 
- Admiral Drekk Leifson: Led an expedition to find Shadespire during the Malign Portents.
- Admiral Hengtsson: Following the Necroquake, he searched for a lost temple and its treasures beneath Hammerhal Ghyra. 
- Admiral Khrag always leads from his favoured Arkanaught Ironclad, the Grund Ang. 
- 1: Battletome: Kharadron Overlords (2017)
- 2: Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Malign Portents - The Time of Tribulations, pg. 34
- 3: Deadly Venture (short story)
- 4: Callis and Toll: The Silver Shard (novel)
- 5: Battletome: Skaven (2019)
- 5a: Rise of the Under-Empire, pg. 18