Bonesplitterz are a type of wild bands of Orruks driven mad by the thrumming power of Gorkamorka. Guided by mysterious shamans that are believed to speak directly to Gormkmorka, they hunt the great beasts of the Mortal Realms so they can slay them and absorb the spiritual might of their god, which they believe is bound within the creatures bones. These savage orruks are unpredictable and difficult to best in combat, not only because of their lack of organisation and tactics but also in toughness and sheer single-mindedness. The orruks of these wild bands are possessed by the power of the Waaagh!, unable to fully revert to what is considered normal.
The feral spirit of Gorkamorka fills the minds of all orruks when they gather in great numbers, making them even more savage than normal. This Waaagh! power is characterised by rolling green energies, and is rightly feared by all who face the greenskins. The Waagh! is especially important to the Bonesplitterz. When other Orruks get caught up in the mania, it is only for a short while - usually as long as there are things to fight. The Bonesplitterz, however, constantly feel it thrumming through their bones. For them, it is a way of life, and their whole clan is focused around venerating it's energy.[3a]
The Bonesplitterz believe the Waaagh! is a living thing made up of unruly beast souls, which can be captured and caged in broken bones and crude tattoos. Under the guidance of their Wurrgog Prophet, the holy leaders of each warclan, the Bonesplitterz hunt monsters across the Mortal Realms to claim their wild spirits. [3a]
An orruk does not choose to join the Bonesplitterz, but instead is chosen. Sometimes, when the spirit of Gorkamorka gets into a greenskin's head, it just refuses to leave. This drives the orruk into a feral frenzy as the god's energy rattles around his skull. Other Orruks find these manic boys strange and unsettling because of how they're always talking to themselves or hitting other Orruks with rocks in which they claim to have seen the face of Gork.[3a]
In time, they either wander off or are violently kicked out of their warclans. After leaving their old tribes and bosses behind, portents and signs sent by Gorkamorka guide these savage Orruks to the nearest Wurrgog Prophet. Under the leadership of these shamans, the boys become Bonesplitterz and set out to spread the power of the Waaagh! across the realms.[3a]
- Bonegrinz Warclan: Savage beast hunters without peer and nomads that wander across the Mortal Realms.[3b]
- Drakkfoot Warclan: Originating from the Gorelakes of the Ashlands of Aqshy, the Drakkfoot Orruks see themselves as crusaders of the Great Green God with the holy task of exterminating Daemons and Gheists.[3b][5a]
- Icebone Warclan: Orruks that hunt the prey of the Skyblind Tundras of Ghur, wielding sorcerous weapons made from shards of spirit-glaciers.[3b]
|Gurkak Weirdteef||Bonesplitterz||Wurrgog Prophet||Orruk||The Wurrgog Prophet of the Bonegrinz warclan.|
|Rograk||Bonesplitterz||Savage Boarboy Maniak||Orruk||A Savage Boar Boss Maniak known for acting more like a Grunta than an Orruk.|
|Kruk Split-toof||Bonesplitterz||Maniak Weirdnob||Orruk||The shaman of the Split-toof Boyz who leads the tribe in pursuit of mighty beasts, believing they will gain the strength of the prey they kill.|
|Gulgaz Stoneklaw||Bonesplitterz||Savage Big Boss||Orruk||The Savage Big Boss of the Stoneklaw's Gutstompas warclan who in the Time of Tribulations led them to the Realm of Shyish in search of war.|
|Zogruk||Bonesplitterz||Savage Big Boss||Orruk||A Savage Big Boss of the Bonegrinz warclan.|
- Bonesplitterz Armoury: For equipments used by the Bonesplitterz.
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh!: For spells used by the Bonesplitterz wizards.
- 1: Battletome: Bonesplitterz product description
- 2: Grand Alliance: Destruction - Bonesplitterz, pg. 30
- 3: Battletome: Bonesplitterz (2016)
- 4: Warcry section in Age of Sigmar website
- 5: Battletome: Orruk Warclans (2019)
- 5a: Bonesplitterz of the Realms, pg. 22-23