|Attention, Adept of the LEXICANUM!|
The Bright Order is one of the eight Colleges of Magic who train Wizards in The Empire. Bright wizards are specialists with fire, and as a result have a vast knowledge of pyromancy. So much so that members of the order are mistrusted by others as they have a reputation for quick tempers and having firey characters. Bright wizards are the most skilled of all the orders in combat. The Bright orders building in the college is invisible to the normal folk of Altdorf. This harkens back to the skills that the orders members have in concealment. The Lore of Magic they study is the Lore of Fire.
- Altdorf College: Illusions cloak the real towers of the college so it appears as fire blackened ruins but in reality those towers surround a great furnace. Banners proclaiming the battle honours of the college hang in every entrance. [1a]
The Bright Order gains the most applications as it does not discriminate in favour of the rich and powerful. [1a]
- Thyrus Gormann, Former Supreme Patriarch
- Luther Flamestrike
- Hermann Feuer. He and his two apprentices reside in Hochland in the court of Aldebrand Ludenhof.
- Sergov Pfeiffer. He was summoned a Twin-Tailed Comet spell at the Slaughter at Volganof, where he may have died.
|…which utilises the Bright Wind, called Aqshy, whose colour is Red, whose Lore is that of Fire, whose rune is the Key of Secrets, and whose practitioners are called Pyromancers.|
- 1: Tome of Mysteries
- 1a: Chapter Three, pg. 20
- White Dwarf 355 (July 2009), pgs. 84-5
- Warhammer Armies: The Empire (6th Edition) (2000), pgs. 52-4, 60, 64
- Warhammer Armies: The Empire (7th Edition) (2007), pgs 44, 60-61
- Warhammer: Dark Omen
- Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat
- Warhammer Rulebook (8th Edition), pg. 477