Some Butchers replace their tusks with flint, hammered into their jaws whilst others have sets of teeth for different types of food. [3a]
As one would expect, they are grossly obese, their layers of fat making them particularly difficult to kill. They are also covered in blood, meat and entrails left over from their rituals. The appalling stench does not bother the Butchers in the slightest; in fact, they enjoy rolling around in these gruesome by-products of their faith. Also, as the servant of the Great Maw, a Butcher can eat just about anything, including things thought indigestible or even outright dangerous. This makes poisoning a Butcher a pointless exercise, since his body can easily deal with it, no matter the quantity of poison used. While a creature like that would be looked down on with disgust and horror in any civilised society, the Ogres respect and adore them, for they provide a two-way link to the Great Maw; the deity gets its offerings, while Butchers gain the ability to harness its gluttony for the so-called Gut Magic.[3a]
Slaughtermasters are the chief adepts of the Great Maw and as such they gain access to a greater portion of its food-thirst, projecting the Gut Magic with greater range. As they have commenced many more slaughters, they are much more adept with the sacrificial sickle. Finally, they are even fatter and tougher than those of lesser rank. Being so close to the Ogre deity, they hold more power than even Bruisers.
- Skrag the Slaughterer used to be a Slaughtermaster, before a chain of events led to him becoming a Great Maw Prophet.
Weapons and Equipment
- 6th Edition: Butcher: Hand Weapon. May have Luck-Gnoblar, up to two Tooth-Gnoblars. May have Magic Items. [1b]
- 6th Edition: Slaughtermaster: Hand Weapon. May have Luck-Gnoblar, up to three Tooth-Gnoblars. May have Magic Items. [1b]
A Butcher with his Gnoblar assistant/sacrifice in his hand.
|Hack, grind, cook and eat. Those Butchers are alright. Don't get near their pots though.
- 1: Games Workshop Official Site
- 2: Games Workshop Official Site
- 3: Warhammer Armies: Ogre Kingdoms (6th Edition)