The Cockatrice is a repulsive Chaos-influenced beast with sorcerous capabilities. While this curious creature has very fast reactions and a great number of claws, it is not very strong, martially skilled or even particularly resistant to damage, when compared to creatures like Dragon or even a Varghulf.
However, the sorcerous capabilities of this monster allow it simply turn the assailants into stone with a simple stare, showing a notable similarity to the Sepulchral Stalkers. As such, the enemies should not ever look it in the eye if they hope to emerge victorious. Even if they manage to wound the agile beast, it is likely that it will simply fly away, prefering to live long then die hard.
If cornered it will go beserk, clawing and shreiking madly. [2a]
Weapons and Equipment
- 2nd Edition: Claw and Beak Attacks. Will have several mutations. [5a]
- 8th Edition: May take Acidic Vomit, Poisoned Claws. [2a]
|Even the mightest of creatures must fear the Cockatrice, for its gaze means certain death.|
In 2nd Edition, only the Beak attack would potentially turn victims to stone. [5a]
- 1: Games Workshop Official Site
- 2: Storm of Chaos
- 2a: Cockatrice, pg. 124
- 3: Warhammer Armies: Ogre Kingdoms (8th Edition)
- 3a: The Ogre Kingdoms, pg. 12
- 4: Warhammer Armies: Tomb Kings (8th Edition)
- 5: White Dwarf 89 (UK)
- 5a: New Citadel, pg. 57