|Attention, Adept of the LEXICANUM!|
Great Cannons are among the largest of the mobile artillery built and employed by the Empire.
Imperial cannons are made primarily at the Gunnery School of Nuln and it is from here that come both the cannons and the crews required to operate them. Most provinces of the Empire maintain an artillery train and many cities have cannons of varying sizes to defend their walls. Great Cannons are slightly larger than their Dwarf counterparts or the famous Bronzino's Galloper Guns that hail from Tilea.
Cannons can be somewhat unreliable, and may misfire, wounding or even killing their crew.
Imperial Artilley at the Battle of Blood Hollow
- In the 3rd Edition they were known as a Reiks Kanone. [2a]
- 1: Warhammer Armies: The Empire (4th Edition)
- 1a: pgs. 26-27
- 2: Warhammer Armies (3rd Edition)
- 2a: The Empire, pg. 58
- Warhammer Armies: The Empire (6th Edition), Needs Citation
- Warhammer Armies: The Empire (7th Edition), Needs Citation