|Attention, Adept of the LEXICANUM!
This article needs some improvement on its citations.
Great Cannons are among the largest of the mobile artillery built and employed by the Empire.
They are created by Master craftsmen, both human and Dwarf. [1a]
Imperial cannons are made primarily at the Gunnery School of Nuln and it is from here that come both the cannons and the crews required to operate them. Most provinces of the Empire maintain an artillery train and many cities have cannons of varying sizes to defend their walls. Great Cannons are slightly larger than their Dwarf counterparts or the famous Bronzino's Galloper Guns that hail from Tilea.
Cannons can be somewhat unreliable, and may misfire, wounding or even killing their crew.
The first province to use cannons was Nuln where the Gunnery School was later established. [2a]
Weapons and Equipment
- 3rd Edition: Reiks Kanone: 3 crew with Hand Weapons. [2a]
- 6th Edition: 3 crew with Hand Weapons. [3a]
Imperial Artilley at the Battle of Blood Hollow
Great Cannon of Nuln
- In the 3rd Edition they were known as a Reiks Kanone. [2a]
- 1: Warhammer Armies: The Empire (4th Edition)
- 1a: pgs. 26-27
- 2: Warhammer Armies (3rd Edition)
- 2a: Army Lists: The Empire, pg. 58
- 3: Warhammer Armies (6th Edition)
- 3a: Armies of the Empire, pg. 31
- Warhammer Armies: The Empire (7th Edition), Needs Citation