Grey wizards are mobile people who tend not to stay in any one area for a long period of time. They avoid towns and cities as much as possible as they have a mostly warranted reputation with imperial citizens as devious and dishonest. This is mostly due to the way that Grey wizards are prone to imply that they have some form of sinister hidden agenda. As a result Grey wizards are solitary individuals spending little time with other humans outside the magical circles.
Once the site of a Elementalist College, [2b] the Order's centre in Altdorf is a run-down stone building in the cities poorest back alleys. The interior is similar with erractically spaced gargoyles and apparently unused rooms but also has a excellent library with many rare tomes of lore protected by a stern guardian. [2a]
The Lore of Magic they study is the Lore of Shadow.
There are not offical ranks in the Order and it is often said that good sense, responsability and wisdom are prerequisites for joining. Potential candidates must undergoe questioning and it is true that some are redirected to other other colleges where they would be better suited. [2b]
- The Sword of Judgement: A Threat and Promise - the sword is depicted pointed downwards. it is used to mark meeting places, places of power and ritual circles. Subtle changes in the rendering can tell messages. [1a]
|You seek my counsel? Then I shall give it to you. You cannot trust your generals, for they crave your rank. You cannot trust your troops, for they are cowards. And you most certainly cannot trust me - I am on your side only until justice is served. Sometimes, my lord, it is better not to know the truth.
- 1: Storm of Magic
- 1a: The Lore of Shadow, pg. 40
- 2: Realms of Sorcery (1st Edition)
- White Dwarf 355 (July 2009), pgs 84-85
- Warhammer Armies: The Empire (6th Edition) (2000), pgs. 52-54, 60, 62
- Warhammer Armies: The Empire (7th Edition) (2007), pgs. 44, 60-61