Hergig is the capital of Hochland, as well its largest city. It is the home of Aldebrand Ludenhof.[1a][1b][1c] It is located on the border between Hochland and Ostland, on a tributary of the River Talabec.
Many nobles of Hochland maintain houses here but when resident spend most of their their time in the hunting lodges that can be found in the surrounding forest. [5a]
The city was attacked by the Norse Prince Styrkaar who had previously overun the towns of Kurst and Zundap but Count Ludendorf and his army held him there, the many handgunners causing huge numbers of deaths aomngst the attackers before they were attacked by Skaven. [4a]
- Hergig is dominated by a mighty central keep, the seat of the Ludenhofs.[1c]
- The Hochland College of Sorcery is a licensed school of magic similar to the Colleges of Magic in Altdorf.[1c]
- The Gate of the East Bridge was the site of some battles between Hochland and expansionist counts of Ostland.[1c]
- Hergig is surrounded by a few small towns as well as some quarries.[1b][1c]
- Aldebrand Ludenhof also has a palace in prime hunting grounds outside Hergig.
- 1: Sigmar's Heirs, pgs. 49, 51
- 2: Warhammer Armies: The Empire (8th Edition), pg. 23
- 3: Warhammer Armies: The Empire (4th Edition), pg. 72
- 4: Darkness Rising
- 5: Warhammer Armies: Storm of Chaos (6th Edition)
- 5a: Foldout map