High Elf Archmage
The High Elf Archmages are amongst the greatest practioners of Magic within the mortal realms. Through decades, and often centuries, of painstaking research and scrupulous study, they learn to master magic in its purest form, an art known simply as High Magic. Those who mastered this most challenging of lores hold the entire spectrum of magic at their command.
At a High Mage's word, shimmering fields of magical energy spring into being to protect his allies, and the fires of courage blaze anew within their hearts. The truly gifted can even becalm the Winds of Magic themselves, collapsing a raging tempest until naught but a gentle breeze remains. Yet it should not be thought that High Magic is reserved for defensive means alone. With but a wave of his hand, a High Mage can call down the wrath of the heavens, paralyze his foes, or immolate whole regiments with Asuryan's fire.
It is little wonder then, that in times of strife, the Phoenix King will beseech the Tower of Hoeth for aid. The Loremasters of Saphery never shirk from their duty, for they know that their gifts stand between Ulthuan and annihilation. Traditionally, mages fulfil an advisory capacity in addition to their battlefield roles, lending an insight that transcends mortal comprehension. Such knowledge has even led to mages being given command of whole armies, a state of affairs that is especially common when Ulthuan is beset by supernatural threats from the Realm of Chaos.
May use High Magic or any of the eight Lores of Magic. [1a]
Weapons and Equipment
- 6th Edition: Hand Weapon, May ride a Great Eagle or Elven Steed, may have magical items. [1a]
- 7th Edition: Hand Weapon, May ride a Dragon, Great Eagle, Elven Steed or Tiranoc Chariot, may have magical items. [2a]
- 8th Edition: Hand Weapon, May ride a Dragon, Great Eagle, Elven Steed or Tiranoc Chariot, may have magical items. [2a]
- 1: Warhammer Armies: High Elves (6th Edition)
- 1a: Defenders of Ulthuan, pg. 24
- 2: Warhammer Armies: High Elves (7th Edition)
- 2a: High Elf Army List, pg. 91
- 3: Total War: Warhammer
- 4: Warhammer Armies: High Elves (8th Edition)
- 4a: High Elf Army List, pg. 88