High Elf Navy
The High Elf Navy is the mightiest naval power of the Warhammer world.[3a][4a]
Its main task is to protect the island of Ulthuan, its colonies, outposts, and the sea trade routes of the High Elves. Its most dangerous foes are Dark Elf Corsairss and Norse pirates.
The sleek ocean going vessels of a Elf Fleet are not only protected from ariel attacks by powerful Dragon riders and War Eagles but these mighty creatures can also make deadly attacks on enemy ships or fortifications. Dragons operate from both overseas strongholds and from Ulthuan itself and their mere presence can cause an enemy fleet to retreat before any shots are fired. [1a] Large Bolt Throwers provide additional defence using large well-aimed shots to disable enemies. [1b]
The High Elf fleets are composed by agile vessels, who instead of cannons are equipped with mighty repeater bolt throwers.
- Dragonship: Large and swift twin-hulled catamarans, they are the most powerful vessels of the High Elf fleet.[2a][3b][4b]
- Eagleships: The most common vessels of the High Elf fleet.[2a] Armed with broadside Eagle Claw batteries, these craft are huge, sleek and streamlined, making them both fast and deadly. They are able to out-race even Bretonnian Corsairs and are far more manoeuvrable than any ship of the old world. [2a]
- Hawkships Smaller and agile vessels.[2b] Mainly created to counter Norse raiders and for patrol duty on the rocky coastlines of Ulthuan against any invasion raider, the Hawkships are swift and highly manoeuvrable. They are designed to perform hit-and-run attacks against larger craft and then escape to bring warning back to the Elf ports.[2b]
- 1: Sea of Blood Rulebook
, pg. 38
- 2: Man O War Rulebook
- 3: Warhammer Armies: High Elves (5th Edition)
- 4: Warhammer Armies: High Elves (7th Edition)
- 5: Warhammer Armies: Dark Elves (4th Edition), pg. 62
- 6: Warhammer Armies: Dark Elves (6th Edition), pg. 49
- 7: Warhammer Armies: Dark Elves (7th Edition), pg. 68