Horror of Tzeentch
|Attention, Scribe of the Lexicanum!
An ever-shifting mass of flesh, limbs, and flame-spewing orifices. Certain Tzeentchian spells can also create Horrors by burning mortals into ash. Horrors are gibbering, malicious and generally vile parodies of their patron god. Original Horrors are described as short neck-less creature with long, multi-jointed arms.
Pink and Blue
The Horrors come in two main forms and colours but vary otherwise greatly in appearance.[3a]
- Pink Horrors have glowing pink hide, its high pitched squeals of laughter giving rise to the names Screamer or Squealer. [2a]
- Blue Horrors are almost identical in appearance save for the colour but are throughly bad tempered, sneering, muttering and grumbling and in battle snarling in rage. [2a]
Units of Horrors are often accompanied by Flamers of Tzeentch, and among their ranks are also champions, standard bearers and musicians, whose standards and drums are organic parts of their bodies. In battle they band together in packs in order to unleash their powerful magic upon their enemies, blasting foes with eldritch fire. [3a]
As they scamper and caper across the battlefield, Pink Horrors continually and unnervingly cackle, the air around them filled with tiny strands of punk magic, the ground itself smouldering with rosy light. Casting spells fills them with increased joy and even death satisfies some complusion as when they die a pair of Blue Horrors are birthed from a blob of magic. [2a][4a]
Weapons and Equipment
- 6th Edition: May have upto four Flamers. [1a]
- 7th Edition: Tentacles (Flaming Hand Weapon). May have Iridescent Horror, Musician and Standard Bearer. Standard Bearer may have a Daemonic Icon. May have The Changeling instead of a Iridescent Horror. [4b]
Bretonnian Knight vs Horrors
|Flamers have many uses, from burning down orphanages to rousing lazy Beastmen out of the woods with a forest fire. Nothing is so elegant as Horrors though, because Horrors do not merely kill; they can transform what was once mere flesh into more Horrors, expanding our forces and spreading true Chaos through the land.
~ Drakar Neth Shyish, the Fist of Chen.
Realm of Chaos: The Lost and the Damned originally had two types of Horrors, Pink and Blue variants. Pink Horrors were jovial and childish, and when slain they would split into two smaller Blue Horrors, which were angry and sullen spirited. In the Age of Sigmar , Pink Horrors again split into a pair of Blue Horrors when their physical form is destroyed but now they too split when destroyed into a pair of Brimstone Horrors. In the Age of Sigmar , Pink Horrors again split into a pair of Blue Horrors when their physical form is destroyed but now they too split when destroyed into a pair of Brimstone Horrors. These tiny daemons are bright yellow and have a spiteful and vindictive disposition.
- 1: Warhammer Armies: Hordes of Chaos (6th Edition)
- 1a: Daemonic Units, pg. 63
- 2: Realm of Chaos - The Lost and the Damned
- 3: Liber Mutatis
- 3a: Chapter Four: The Minions of Change, pg. 22
- 4:Warhammer Armies: Daemons of Chaos (7th Edition) (2008)
- 5: Warhammer Armies: Daemons of Chaos (8th Edition)
- 5a: Pink Horrors of Tzeentch, pg. 38
- Warhammer Armies: Chaos (4th Edition)
- Warhammer Armies: Realm of Chaos (5th Edition)
- Warhammer: Storm of Chaos