The Imperial Zoo is probably the only useful legacy of Emperor Dieter IV. A popular tourist attraction of Altdorf, it houses a considerable collection of monsters, curiosities and abominations.[1a][3a].
These creatures are bought from adventurers who obtain them from the most dangerous places of the Old World and several of them are used by the Imperial military.
- Abomination of Stirland[3a]
- Spawn of Hochland[3a]
- Drakwald Gibberbeast
- The Imperial Dragon [3a]
- Griffons (including Deathclaw, the favoured mount of Karl Franz)[1b][3b]
- Thundertusk: held captive during the summer months, but escaped upon the arrival of winter. Rampaged through Altdorf before heading north.
- 1: Warhammer Armies: The Empire (4th Edition)
- 2: Warhammer Armies: The Empire (6th Edition), pg. 18
- 3: Warhammer Armies: The Empire (7th Edition)
- 4: Warhammer Armies: The Empire (8th Edition), pg. 34
- 5: Warhammer Rulebook (8th Edition), pg. 185
- 6: White Dwarf 382, pg. 73