Keeper of Secrets
|Attention, Adept of the LEXICANUM!|
They are also known as Slayers of Slaanesh, Feasters of Pain, Base Ones, Despoilers of the Flesh, Great Horned Ones, or by the daemonic Q'tlahsi'issho'akshami.[5a]
A Keeper of Secrets has a large, bipedal form with four arms and horned head. Two of the four arms possess claws. The appearance of the head varies greatly from one specimen to another, although many have jewels or other ornaments.
These daemons are known for their typically Slaaneshi treatment of pain and suffering as another form of pleasure, and dispense that pleasure to their opponents with surprising speed and strength. Like daemonettes, their appearance is often cloaked in illusions but in addition to those minor illusions these daemons also tend to possess much stronger magical abilities.
The term 'Keeper of Secrets' comes from the belief that these daemons can hear anything said anywhere, and they are reputed to offer this knowledge in exchange for gifts and services.[5a]
Design changes over time
The original description in Slaves to Darkness emphasized 'a gloating, sadistic pleasure in killing and torture, and [they] exist only for the delights of carnage.' [5a] The daemons are depicted with horned bovine heads, four arms (some of which end in crab like claws), hove feet, one female mammalian breast, and wearing a mixture of leather and chain mail armor.
The basic description of the daemon has stayed the same, although the description has expanded to include the Slaaneshi penchant for illusion and trickery to manipulate their foes. Also, subsequent versions of the models have greatly reduced the clothing present and reduced or eliminated the hermaphroditic elements.
Exalted Keepers of Secrets
Having delivered so many souls and performed such exquisite services a Keeper of Secrets may be permitted to suckle at the Dark Princes own divine power. They grow even mightier as pain and pleasure mix and ripple through their long-limbed bodies. [4a]
Notable Keepers of Secrets
Weapons and Equipment
- 3rd Edition: May be equiped with Chaos Armour and Magic Items. [5a]
- 8th Edition: Exalted Keeper of Secrets: Torment Blade. [4a]
A Keeper of Secrets facing Aenarion.
A Keeper of Secrets from 5th edition.
- 1: White Dwarf 273 (October 2002), pg. 21
- 2: White Dwarf 215 (November 1997)
- 3: Warhammer Armies: Daemons of Chaos (8th Edition), pg. 17
- 4: Storm of Magic
- 4a: Exalted Keeper of Secrets, pg. 119
- 5: Realm of Chaos - Slaves to Darkness
- 5a: The Keeper of Secrets, pg. 30
- Warhammer Armies: Chaos (4th Edition), Needs Citation
- Warhammer Armies: Realm of Chaos (5th Edition), Needs Citation
- Warhammer Armies: Hordes of Chaos (6th Edition), Needs Citation
- Warhammer Armies: Daemons of Chaos (7th Edition), Needs Citation