Khorne Bloodbound or Khorne's Legions are the warriors of the most powerful of the ruinous deities, Khorne, lord of rage, violence and bloodshed. They swarm across the Mortal Realms, enslaving or killing it's inhabitants in order to spill blood and claims skulls for their bloodthirsty patron. Their lords are blessed with hideously violent mutations and gifted with weapons from Khorne's own forges.
Unlike any other army where camaraderie leads the men to fight together, the Bloodhounds are not united by any other bond than Khorne's will. In fact all Bloodhounds hate each other and will never hesitate to back stab or to murder each other. A warrior of Khorne gains prestige through slaughter but only by slaying powerful enemies can the Aspiring Champions hope of gaining the Blood God's favour. When his killing and exploits become too noticeable, the warrior will be the target of others' ambition since he is now a powerful foe. Many promising champions have fallen with an axe gutting them open or a flail smashing their skull as there were no other warrior alive than the Bloodhounds themselves. Many Aspiring Champions challenges other rising warriors in the arenas.
Bloodbound may originate from various sources, born into tribes of blood culture or seeing Khorne’s bloodlust as the precept by which great power and dominance over the Mortal Realms are achieved or even unwillingly devote themselves o Khorne after being overtaken by an insatiable love of bloodshed while seeking vengeance for murdered loved ones or engage in violence for some other just cause. In an age of constant war within just a few generations and without overt signs of Chaos corruption, a tribe can move from taking simple pride in the ability of its warriors to defend its lands, to lauding its military above all eventually becoming a brutal, savage culture in which might determines right and no quarter is asked for or given. Regardless of reason, a mortal who becomes a follower of Khorne has stepped onto the path of skulls and only has a future filled with carnage. It is an avenue to immortality that is crowded with hopefuls, but only the strongest and most selfish survive to the end. [17a]
Only the most dedicated of these Slaves to Darkness follow that path of brutality even further and undertake the eight archaic Trials of Khorne. The survivors of the trials are made Bloodbound, one of Khorne’s chosen warriors and are bestowed with daemonic gifts of strength and martial prowess, their veins quake with rage, and the iron smell of fresh blood becomes to them like the sweet scent of air to a drowning man. Those who are greatly blessed will find their fingers growing into claws, their mouth filling with rows of jagged fangs, or immense horns erupting from the sides of their skull. They must continue killing in his name until every last shred of their mortality is abandoned and are transformed into a monstrous Daemon Prince or meet a violent, bloody death. [17a]
A Lord of Khorne command an entire Bloodbound Warhorde and under their banners are hordes of Bloodreavers, packs of hulking Skullreapers and droves of thundering Skullcrushers but even the most powerful lords rarely hold their followers together for more than a few campaigns. Directly beneath the Lord of Khorne are his Gorechosen, his eight mightiest and most favoured champions. They are the Lord of Khorne’s personal guard, and they are also the most likely to bury a serrated axe blade in the back of his skull, so he keeps them close at hand, where their seething ambitions can be observed. A Warhorde is typically divided into eight distinct groups. These are often given their own moniker or named after a notorious leader, such as the Skullhunters or Khallzhak’s Redblades. In smaller armies, these eight formations might each be a single pack, but in larger groups each of the eight is a battle force in its own right . So great is the fury manifested in such a gathering that, when they start reaping their gory tributes, the veil between realms begins to tear. [17b]
When gathered together and not in battle, groups of warriors may sing Arbaal's Lament - a hymn to uncompleted slaughter and skulls that will never be taken. [18a]
Warbands of Khorne
- For more information see Bloodbound warband.
Khorne has many blood-blessed legions, both vast and numerous, that leave a destruction in their wake that's sickening to behold. They do not fight for honour wealth or victory, they fight for bloodshed and the favour of their god.
- Goretide: One of Khorne's favourite legions, a battle-hungry horde of cannibals, butchers and berserker led by Korghos Khul, that has subjugated the Realm of Aqshy, many years before the start of the Age of Sigmar. 
- Lord Khuldrak's Reapers: They have yet to met a foe they could not slaughter and responsible for the slaying the last of the rift tribes and defeated the orruks at the Beastgates.
- Brazen Butchers: A warband of murdered that aim for indiscriminate killing and spilling as much blood as possible.
- Warmongers: Once part of the Gyr tribes, they gained Khorne's favour by betraying their comrades in bloody fashion.
- Ravagers of Khur: This warband is distinguished by their black axes and the Khorgoraths that follow them. They are known too well in the ruined provinces.
- Skullfiend Tribe: This tribe slay for the single-minded purpose of collecting and offering skulls to their patron.
- Grimskulls: The most feared and brutal of Khorne's warbands, that commonly fight at the side of his Daemons.
- Brass Skulls: This warband knows all too well that Khorne is worshipped in the battlefield and that his tithe is blood.
- Blackspikes: A Warband know to enter in battle chanting "skulls", growing faster and louder as it grows more violent.
- Axes of Skarbrand: A warband that worships the mighty Bloodthirster Skarbrand, seeing it as the physical incarnation of rage and fight alongside his red-skinned hosts.
- Iron Horde: Led by the Daemon Prince Balghor, elevated after the massacre at Gnawdwell.
- Crimson Fury: These black-hearted killers are so affected by their berserker fury that they slay enemy and ally alike.
- Bloodwrought: A Bloodbound warband lead by the khornate champion Ghaar'eth. 
- Khorgoraths:Former mortals whose bodies have been corrupted into hulking beasts with puny minds consumed by rage and destruction.
- Flesh Hounds: They are beasts capable of tearing a man in half with their fangs and ward off spells and conjurations. They are gifts to Khorne's most bloodthirsty vassals and are usually chained to the armour of the Lords of Khorne.
- Juggernauts of Khorne: These daemon mounts of Khorne are ridden by Lords of Khorne and Mighty Skullcrushers into battle.[8c][8f]
|Balghor||Khorne Bloodbound||Daemon Prince||Daemon Prince||The leader of the Bloodbound warband known as the Iron Horde.|
|Valkia the Bloody||Khorne Bloodbound||Daemon Queen||Daemon Prince||A brutal, winged queen whose very presence inspires the followers of Khorne. For wherever she goes, the eye of Khorne follows.|
|Skalok||Khorne Bloodbound||Vorgaroth's mount||Dragon||This female dragon is the Skull Host of Khorne and the mount of the legendary warrior Vorgaroth.|
|Grizzlemaw||Khorne Bloodbound||Korghos Khul's Hound||Flesh Hound||A daemonic hound that protects Korghos Khul from magic and spells.|
|Riptooth||Khorne Bloodbound||Magore Redhand's Hound||Flesh Hound||A daemonic hound of that was gifted to Magore Redhand, that was stuck in Shadespire together with his warband the Magore's Fiends.|
|Ahazian Kel||Khorne Bloodbound||Deathbringer||Human||Deathbringer, Scion of the Ekran, Walker of the Eightfold Path, kinslayer and regicide.|
|Akhagor||Khorne Bloodbound||Slaughterpriest||Human||A Slaughterpriest with daemon-tainted blood and fangs.|
|Anhur||Khorne Bloodbound||Lord of Khorne||Human||The Scarlet Lord. A follower of Khorne that is trying to open the Black Rift of Klaxus.|
|Blackjaw||Khorne Bloodbound||Lord of Khorne||Human||A powerful champion in the Realm of Ghur who favoured artillery and pistols.|
|Drane||Khorne Bloodbound||Slaughterpriest||Human||An old Slaughterpriest in the tribe of Krev Deathstalker.|
|Dravek Daemonfist||Khorne Bloodbound||Exalted Deathbringer||Human||A member of the Prophets of Blood that challenged his lord Korox Tyrantscorn for the leadership of the warband. He slew him after a three day battle, only to receive an axe to the back from the Aspiring Deathbringer Selkhara the Black.|
|Garsa||Khorne Bloodbound||Skullgrinder||Human||Skullgrinder under the service of Krev Deathstalker.|
|Ghaar'eth||Khorne Bloodbound||Unknown||Human||Called Warson by his warband was the leader of the Bloodwrought. He wears a helmet of dark iron, whose nosepiece an eyes slits rose into a crown of twin horns, that looks like a snarling effigy of Khorne, matching the one on his face.|
|Gigante||Khorne Bloodbound||Unknown||Human||A Khornate champion named by the the kingdom of Barruscuna, after it assailed it's people many times during the Age of Chaos.|
|Graunos||Khorne Bloodbound||Lord of Khorne||Human||A khornate lord that was once native to the city of Lykerna and later returned to destroy it.|
|Isengrim||Khorne Bloodbound||Warband Leader||Human||Isengrim of the Redreef, Khorneson, led a Bloodbound warband into Shadespire|
|Kaelgor||Khorne Bloodbound||Lord of Khorne||Human||He lead a Bloodbound warband that was involved in a battle on the Fortress of Ember with Stormcast Eternals.|
|Kathag||Khorne Bloodbound||Exalted Deathbringer||Human||A gorechosen and once a leader of the warhorde of Lord Ruhok, he survived the attack on Nulahmia.|
|Khuldrak||Khorne Bloodbound||Lord of Khorne||Human||He lead a Bloodbound warband to conquer the Beastgates from the Orruk Waaagh! that recently conquered it.|
|Korghos Khul||Khorne Bloodbound||Lord of Khorne||Human||The crab-handed Mighty Lord of Khorne that rules over the bloodthirsty Goretide. His axe is a gift from Khorne for toppling Scorched Keep. A brass rune of Khorne on top of his armor is a sign of his favour.|
|Koroth||Khorne Bloodbound||Deathbringer||Human||Deathbringer under the service of Krev Deathstalker.|
|Korox Tyrantscorn||Khorne Bloodbound||Lord of Khorne||Human||He once lead the Prophets of Blood until he was challenged and stuck down by one of his Exalted Deathbringers Dravek Daemonfist.|
|Krev Deathstalker||Khorne Bloodbound||Lord of Khorne||Human||He fought silver armoured Stormcast Eternals and wielded an axe into battle.|
|Kurgoth||Khorne Bloodbound||Lord of Khorne||Human||Was killed by Assassin in his own throneroom.|
|Lakshar Bloodspeaker||Khorne Bloodbound||Slaughterpriest||Human||He is Korghos Khul's favoured Slaughterpriest.|
|Rakhan the Red||Khorne Bloodbound||Slaughterpriest||Human||A visionary that planned the invasion of the fabled Skydomes of Djeb'dah that lasted for over a century, turning the domes into charnel slaughterhouses|
|Ruhok||Khorne Bloodbound||Lord of Khorne||Human||He attacked the city of Nulahmia in the Age of Sigmar having destroyed many nations.|
|Scylla Anfingrimm||Khorne Bloodbound||Hound of Khorne||Mutated Human||A monster with enough strength to tear off a Dracoth in two. He can unbind sorcery due to his Brass Collar of Khorne radiating his god's eternal contempt for sorcerers.|
|Selkhara the Black||Khorne Bloodbound||Aspiring Deathbringer||Human||Once an Aspiring Deathbringer that stuck down Dravek Daemonfist after he won a three day challenge with their lord Korox Tyrantscorn. She became known as the Empress of Blood, ruling over an horrifying reign.|
|Skarku||Khorne Bloodbound||Slaughterpriest||Human||He has knife-sharp teeth and served the Bloodwrought under Ghaar'eth.|
|Skarr Bloodwrath||Khorne Bloodbound||Champion of Khorne||Human||A terrifying maelstrom of carnage, whipping madly his Bloodstorm Blades in battle. Should he fall he can rise again from a whirling pool of the blood of his victims.|
|Tarvak the Flayer||Khorne Bloodbound||Lord of Khorne||Human||Scourge of the Plains, Butcher of the Iron Forest, he wass a khornate lord defeated by Marakarr Blood-Sky in the Time of Tribulations|
|The Beast||Khorne Bloodbound||Skullgrinder||Human||It is rumoured that it leads a thousand armoured berserkers that slaughtered the tribes of the Iron Plains.|
|Therekal||Khorne Bloodbound||Slaughterpriest||Human||He served the Graunos as they were attacking the city of Lykerna.|
|Threx Skullbrand||Khorne Bloodbound||Bloodsecrator||Human||Bloodsecrator of the Goretide that fought against Sigmar's first incursion in the Realm of Fire. He carries Khorne's Portal of Skulls into battle.|
|Ushkar Mir||Khorne Bloodbound||Deathbringer||Human||An Exalted Deathbringer of Khorne who heard the call of Archaon, faced many trials and tried to become a member of the Varanguard.|
|Vehk the Flayer||Khorne Bloodbound||Bloodstoker||Human||A cruel and sadistic Bloodstoker of the Goretide that takes great delight in torturing Skulrak.|
|Volundr of Hesphut||Khorne Bloodbound||Skullgrinder||Human||Skullgrinder of the Soulmaw.|
|Vorax||Khorne Bloodbound||Lord of Khorne||Human||Leader of the Brass Stampede that fought against the Rustgut Tribe in the Acidbite Dunes of Chamon.|
|Vorhak||Khorne Bloodbound||Aspiring Deathbringer||Human||He wanted to follow the call of Korghos Khul but was opposed by his rival the Slaughterpriest Akhagor.|
|Vorgaroth||Khorne Bloodbound||Legendary Warrior||Human||The Scarred is a legendary warrior that has made a path of destruction across the Mortal Realms atop his Khornate Dragon mount Skalok.|
|Vrak Brazenfist||Khorne Bloodbound||Exalted Deathbringer||Human||A Gorechosen of the Skullfiend tribe.|
|Skuldrak||Khorne Bloodbound||Khorgorath||Khorgorath||A Khorgorath of the Goretide, from which what remains of his original head is nothing more than a smouldering skull.|
- 1: What's News Today: 2015/07/05
- 2: What's News Today: 2015/07/08
- 3: What's News Today: 2015/07/10
- 4: White Dwarf Issue 75, the Khorne Goretide, page 16-19
- 5: Assault on the Mandrake Bastion product description
- 6: Assault on the Mandrake Bastion by Josh Reynolds
- 7: Exalted Deathbringer product description
- 8: Warscrolls
- 8a: Bloodreavers arscroll
- 8b: Blood Warriors warscrolls
- 8c: Mighty Skullcrushers warscrolls
- 8d: Wrathmongers warscrolls
- 8e: Skullreapers warscrolls
- 8f: Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut warscrolls
- 8g: Slaughterpriest warscrolls
- 8h: Skullgrinder warscrolls
- 8i: Aspiring Deathbringer warscrolls
- 8j: Valkia the Bloody warscrolls
- 8k: Skarr Bloodwrath warscrolls
- 8l: Scyla Anfingrimm warscrolls
- 9: Blood Warriors product description
- 10: Mighty Battles, Warbands of Khorne
- 11: The Solace of Rage by Guy Haley
- 12: The Trial of the Chosen by Guy Haley
- 13: Blood and Plague by David Annandale
- 14: The Eight Victory by Graeme Lyon
- 15: Battletome: Blades of Khorne (2017) - The Chosen of Khorne, pg. 28-29
- 16: The Unending Storm by Nick Kyme
- 17: Battletome: Blades of Khorne (2019)
- 18: Shadespire: The Mirrored City (novel) by Josh Reynolds
- 18a: Chapter Eight, pg. 134