Lord of Change
|Attention, Adept of the LEXICANUM!|
They are also known by the names Chi'Khami'tzann Tsunoi, Eyes of Tzeentch, Feathered Lords and the Watching Lords of Change. [3a]
A Lord of Change has a wreckful but playful mind, uncaring of the consequences of its actions but deeply intelligent. They are winged and feathered with a carning neck , their feathers usually blue or yellow but they may shift colour or form as they will. Few mortals can endure the scrutiny of the Daemons gaze. [3a]
Exalted Lords of Change
Only a very few of the Lords of Change are able to puzzle out the schemes of the mindmazes that lead to a secret chamber in the Impossible Fortress where they are granted the favour of their lord. [2a]
They manipulate hundreds of mortal destinies, often being part of the unending war between the four great powers of Chaos. They seldom venture into the the mortal world unless the storms of magic have unleashed vast amounts of energy that can sustain and protect them. [2a]
Lords of Change are among the most potent spellcasters in the Warhammer World. They are able to summon whirling storms of change and mutation, blast adversaries apart with bolts of pyrotechnic energy. The avian head of a Lord of Change sits on a craning neck. Its wings are a multi-colored splendor. Most Lords of Change are known to have some degree of foresight. As such it is easy for them to stay at least one step ahead of their enemies at all times making them skilled tactitians. Although usually appearing in Tzeentch's colors of blue or yellow, the daemons find it unimportant to maintain any consistent look and may appear in any form or color that suits them.
Of all the daemons and servants of Tzeentch, the Lords of Change most embody the nature of the god as the supreme manipulator, and are the foremost agents of the Changer of the Ways. In form they are avian, winged humanoids. Their most memorable feature are their heads, and most particularly their eyes. The scrutiny of its gaze is unbearable, for it holds all the wisdom of Tzeentch himself, along with his deep and subtle understanding of mortal fears. When a Lord of Change looks upon a mortal it sees not just its flesh and blood, but its hopes and dreams, along with their ultimate failure or realisation.
Named Lords of Change
- Amon 'Chakai: Oldest and Wisest of the Lords of Change. [4a]
- Kairos Fateweaver
- Fateclaw, who was devoured by the Dragon Galrauch and mutated him into the first of the Chaos Dragons.
Weapons and Equipment
- 7th Edition: Talons (Flaming Hand Weapon). May take Daemonic Gifts. [5b]
- 8th Edition: Exalted Lord of Change: Staff of Change. [2a]
- Staff of Change: Even the smallest wound from a staff can result in death. [2a]
Lord of Change model. 
|The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singular ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here. The Daemon's mind was a labyrinth of deceptions. Truth was trammelled at the very heart of that maze, and far beyond my meagre reach.
~ Liber Malefic. [5a]
Notes & sources
- 1: Warhammer Armies: Hordes of Chaos (6th Edition), pg. 86
- 2: Storm of Magic
- 2a: Exlated Lord of Change, pg. 117
- 3: Realm of Chaos: The Lost and the Damned
- 3a: The Lords of Change, pg. 31-32
- 4: Warhammer Armies: Champions of Chaos (5th Edition)
- 4a: Amon 'Chakai, pg. 36-37
- 5:Warhammer Armies: Daemons of Chaos (7th Edition) (2008)