Marauder Horsemen are the Chaos Warriors' light cavalry, who ride ahead of the main body of army and get behind the enemy battle lines. Though too weak to win the battle on their own, their offer invaluable support, attacking war machines, scouts and keeping clear of the main regiments until the glorious assault by the mainstay warriors bears fruit and the enemy flees. That is when the Marauders strike out, mercilessly cutting down all of them.
This tainted cavalry is equipped up to task, wielding great flails or spears & shields to ensure that their charge will smite the weakling enemy. Alternatively, they might take throwing axes, harassing the enemy of the Dark Gods and bringing them closer to fleeing as the back ranks start to fall with axes embedded in their backs.
Weapons and Equipment
- 2nd Edition: Chainmail, Hand Weapon, Shield, Warhorse, may have Crossbow, Two Handed Axe, Hammer or Sword. May have Musician and Standard Bearer. [3a]
- 3rd Edition: Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield, Warhorse, may have Lance, Warhorse Barding. May have Magical Instrument and Magical Standard.. [1a]
- 1: Warhammer Armies (3rd Edition)
- 1a: Chaos Army List, pg. 72
- 2: Games Workshop Official Site
- 3: Ravening Hordes (2nd Edition)
- 3a: Chaos Army List, pg. 39