He guards this with is life – literally so because he carries the army's pay chest with him at all times. The pay chest is a heavy, iron-bound, secure-looking affair that the Paymaster brings to battle on a cart. This is pulled by a sturdy, non-excitable beast, such as a donkey, mule or compliant Tilean grandmother.
So that the troops can see exactly where the Paymaster is at all times, something they find reassuring, the cart is provided with a suitably impressive flag that also serves as the army's standard.
- Mydas the Mean, Tilean Paymaster infamous for his foul attitude.
Weapons and Equipment
- 6th Edition: Hand Weapon. May have Additional Hand Weapon, Brace of Pistols, Crossbow, Great Weapon, Halberd, Longbow, Morning Star, Pistol and a Shield, may wear Heavy Armour or Light Armour. May ride a Warhorse, which may have Barding. If mounted may have Lance or Spear. [2a]
- 1: Warhammer Armies: Dogs of War (5th Edition)
- 2: Warhammer Chronicles (2004)
- 2a: The Dogs of War Army List, pg. 58