The province is largely covered by the dark Drakwald Forest, a natural hideouts for bandits, mutants, Forest Goblins and beastmen, who pose a constant threat to travellers and vulnerable villages and towns.
The banner of Middenland is red and displays a castle, representing Middenheim, and a white wolf's head. Most soldiers wear blue and white.[5d][6a] Colored ribbons are worn by Middenlanders to differentiate between regiments.[5a] Some also carry wolf's tooth amulets to battle. Wearing a wolf pelt to battle is a distinguishing mark- they can only be worn by those who have slain a wolf.
- The current Elector Count of Middenland is Boris Todbringer II [5b][6b][7a], who lives in Middenheim. He is an accomplished warlord with a personal and deadly feud with a cunning Beastlord called Khazrak .
- Baron Wulfram Todbringer is Graf Boris's heir.[1b]
- Leopold von Bildhofen is the Duke of Carroburg. He seems to want Middenland's independence from Middenheim.[1a][1b]
- The Horned Rat-worshiping Cult of the Yellow Fang is based in Carroburg.[1c]
- The Swords of Ulric are a swordsmen unit from Middenheim famous for their patrols in Drakwald Forest.[5c]
- Middenheim [5e][6c][7b]: A semi-independent city-state and Middenland's capital.
- An Ancient Dragon Cave [5e][6c][7b]
- Carroburg [5e][6c][11e]: A town located on the northern riverbank of the Reik.
- Weismund : A small town not far north of Altdorf
- Delberz[1b]: An important stop on the Altdorf-Middenheim Road.
|The provinces & city-states of The Empire|
|Provinces||Reikland - Middenland - Nordland - Ostland - Hochland - Talabecland - Ostermark - Stirland - Averland - Wissenland - The Moot|
|City-states||Altdorf - Nuln - Middenheim - Talabheim|
|Lost provinces||Drakwald - Solland - Westerland - Sylvania|
- 1: Sigmar's Heirs
- 2: White Dwarf 325, pg. 54
- 3: The Life of Sigmar, pg. 5
- 4: The Empire at War, pg. 80
- 5: Uniforms and Heraldry of the Empire
- 6: Warhammer Armies: The Empire (7th Edition)
- 7: Warhammer Armies: The Empire (4th Edition)
- 8: Warhammer Armies: Champions of Chaos (5th Edition), pg. 42
- 9: Warhammer Armies: Beasts of Chaos (6th Edition), pgs. 11, 68, 69
- 10: Mordheim Warbands, pg. 7
- 11: Warhammer Armies: The Empire (6th Edition), pg. 5
- 12: Warhammer Armies: The Empire (8th Edition), pg. 22