Neferata: Mortarch of Blood (novel)
|Cover Artist||Kevin Chin|
|This page contains spoilers for:||Neferata: Mortarch of Blood (novel)|
The story begins in the Age of Myth where the mortal noble families are preparing for The Culling of the Firstborn where their heirs will pass the test and/or be slaughtered or turned into vampires and feed on and rend their own kin.
Following this the tale moves to the period following the siege of Nulahmia by the Champion of Slaanesh Lascilion and Neferata's failed attempt to ally with the Stormcast Eternals of Sigmar - for this she is punished by Nagash who allows her rival Mortarch, Arkhan to rule part of her beloved city.
Now the Queen of Shadows must fight to control the city she created, even if in doing so she must destroy it.
| You were right,’ she said, ‘to fear for your lives. But take this lesson into your hearts. You never had a choice. There was nothing you could have done to alter your fates. I command, and you obey. This is the plain truth of existence. The purpose of your lives has been revealed, and it is to serve the end you will, this coming night.
The book has large cast of mortals and immortals enmeshed in a spider’s web of plots and betrayal.
- Neferata: Mortarch of Blood,
- Dessina Avaranthe: vampire survivor of a destroyed noble house, warrior advisor to Venzor.
- Jedefor: vampire captain of the guard at the Palace of Seven Vultures.
- Mathas Hellezan: A vampire noble of House Hellezan who is part of a rebellion against Neferata.
- Lady Mereneth: vampire handmaiden and spy for Neferata.
- Kathag, Exalted Deathbringer of Ruhok’s Gorechosen.
- Lady Raia: vampire spymaster for Neferata
- Lord Ruhok: Champion of Khorne, seeking to destroy Nulahmia and avenge the Bloodking Thagmok.
- Teyosa: Human wife of Mathas.
- Venzor, vampire sworn to the service of Arkhan the Black acting as his regent in Nulahmia.
The Book was originally released in a Limited Edition