Because of its location near Sylvania and the fact that it is usually one of the hardest hit provinces during Chaos incursions, Ostermarkers seem to have an obsession with death compared to the inhabitants of other provinces.[1b]
The main symbol of Ostermark is a crowned red Manticore with a sword, and its colours are purple and yellow, or alternatively purple and white[5a][5c][6a]. However, because purple is a hard dye to produce and Ostermark is a relatively poor province, the shade can vary greatly between regiments.
- Bechafen [5d][6b][7b][8a]: Ostermark's capital.
- Bleak Moors: Dominating the centre of the province and including the Erie Downs, they are thiny populated with mainly isolated sheep farms and small villages. [1a]
- Dead Wood: Southern forested area with a dangerous reputation since the doom that struck Mordheim. [1a]
- Essen[1c]: Considered the most haunted town in the Empire
- Fortenhaf[1c]: An important border town
- Mordheim [5d][7b][8a]: Ostermark's former capital, struck by a warpstone comet in 2000 IC[7c][8b]. The abandoned town was later burned to the ground by Magnus the Pious.
- Veldt: Large area of grassland in the northeast between Gryphon's Woods and the Worlds Edge Mountains and where Ostermarkers raise famous herds of horses famed for their strength and size. [1a]
|Ostermark is like a miniature of the Empire, a league of free and independant towns relying on each other for mutual security. We have to - no one else in the Empire cares a fig about us.
~ Wolfram Hertwig.[1a]
- 1: Sigmar's Heirs
- 2: White Dwarf 325, pg. 58
- 3: The Life of Sigmar, pg. 5
- 4: The Empire at War, pg. 80
- 5: Uniforms & Heraldry of The Empire
- 6: Warhammer Armies: The Empire (4th Edition)
- 7: Warhammer Armies: The Empire (7th Edition)
- 8: Warhammer Armies: The Empire (6th Edition)
- 9: Warhammer Armies: The Empire (8th Edition), Needs Citation
|The provinces & city-states of The Empire|
|Provinces||Reikland - Middenland - Nordland - Ostland - Hochland - Talabecland - Ostermark - Stirland - Averland - Wissenland - The Moot|
|City-states||Altdorf - Nuln - Middenheim - Talabheim|
|Lost provinces||Drakwald - Solland - Westerland - Sylvania|