|Attention, Adept of the LEXICANUM!|
Ostlanders are prone to heavy drinking, and booze is a cultural remedy to fear, in these grim dark times and living so close to the chaos of the north, many Ostlanders will spend their entire lives inebriated. Full beards are common and indeed practical in the harsh cold climate.
Ostland is located between Nordland (to the east), Hochland and Talabecland (to the south), and Kislev (to the north). The province is largely covered by the Forest of Shadows, which harbours several tribes of beastmen and Forest goblins besides common bandits.
A higher percentage of Ogres live in Ostland than any other province of the Empire. Many are now citizens who settled and joined Ostlander family units. Ostlander's are impressed by firepower and many of thier weapons have double barrels.
In 2515 IC, the province was invaded by a large and fercious force from the far north which caused the Elector Count, Valmir von Raukov to requesting aid. Unfortunately the Emperor was in Bretonnia with much of the army, but a coalition was assembled with a relief army from Nuln under Grand Marshal Ludwig Gutman and a second force under Elector Count Marius Leitdorf marching to their aid. A third force was dispatched by Countess Freya Feuerbach and a council of advisors in the absence of her husband under the leadership of Captain Otto von Brumderhack. [15a]
The Ostland uniform is black and white. The symbol of Ostland is the Bull- representing it's stubborn and dependable people. It also suggests a heavy use of cattle in agriculture, for meat, dairy produce, leather, and also the ox as a beast of burden. [5e]
Locations Known Features
- Middle Mountains[5c][7a][9a]: A inhospitable mountain range; the Brass Keep, a local fortress, recently fell into the hands of Chaos warriors.
- Wolfenburg[5b][7a][9a]: Capital of Ostland. Wolfenburg is named after Wolfgart Krieger, who was appointed by Sigmar to defend his realm against all kinds of magic. Wolfgart is the founder of the Order of the Silver Hammer, known commonly at the Witch Hunters.
- Castle von Rauken [5c][7a][9a]
- Nebelheim: famous for a pitched battle between the Orc horde of Warlord Gorkfang and the then-Elector Count, Konrad. 
- Salkalten: A port town on the Great North Road.
- Volganof: A major walled city, Volganof was burnt to the ground in 2515 during a major chaos invasion.
- The Ostforts guard Ostland's border with Kislev. 
- The Blood Fane[1b]: A brutal monument to Khorne consisting of a bloody rock with many skulls piled to the north, all of whom's eye sockets pointed toward the Chaos Wastes
- Bull Warriors are common in Ostland. Whether they are simply heavy foot, or a Knightly Order is unclear.
- The Fireloques of Ferlangen are a regiment of Handgunners. They earned the nick-name "The Skull Clubbers" during the Battle of Littered Bones which went on for three days. Once they had run out of ammunition, the regiment fought on for the last day using their handguns as clubs against the Marauder hordes, earning them a reputation for stubbornness even amongst their own countrymen. [5d]
- Urblab Rotgut's Merecenary Ogres take to the field in Ostland heraldry, including striped breaches. 
- The current Elector Count of Ostland is Valmir von Raukov[7b][9b]. He is a hardened and courageous warlord who continually hunts the enemies of The Empire.
- The eighth son of Valmir von Raukov is Boris von Raukov, who, seeking glory and distinction in the military on his own merit, left Ostland. He is now the Captain of a heavily armoured unit of Nuln Halberdiers. He sports a long goatee beard on his chin.
- Ragush Bloody-Horns is a Minotaur living in Ostland known for his insatiable hunger for flesh.[1a]
Empire Captain of Ostland
- 1: Sigmar's Heirs
- 3: The Life of Sigmar, pg. 5
- 4: The Empire at War, pg. 80
- 5: Uniforms & Heraldry of The Empire
- 6: Mordheim Annual (2002)
- 7: Warhammer Armies: The Empire (4th Edition)
- 8: Warhammer Armies: The Empire (6th Edition), pg. 5
- 9: Warhammer Armies: The Empire (7th Edition)
- 10: The Witch Hunter's Handbook, Needs Citation
- 11: Warhammer Rulebook (6th Edition), pg. 199
- 12: Warhammer Rulebook (8th Edition), pg. 453
- 13: Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat
- 14: Warhammer: Dark Omen
- 15: White Dwarf 354 (UK)
- 15a: The Drums of War, pg. 50-74
|The provinces & city-states of The Empire|
|Provinces||Reikland - Middenland - Nordland - Ostland - Hochland - Talabecland - Ostermark - Stirland - Averland - Wissenland - The Moot|
|City-states||Altdorf - Nuln - Middenheim - Talabheim|
|Lost provinces||Drakwald - Solland - Westerland - Sylvania|