In the Mortal Realms they are also known as Bloodmothers or Red Widows and are often embedded deeply in mortal society as eccentric aristocrats or famously wealthy socialites. They can spend decades or even centuries manipulating mortals to produce the perfect bloodline that generates a special flavour in their ichor. [1a]
They may also sake their lust for that unique or special blood on the battlefield, collecting the heady blood of warrior champions, noble lords of battle or rulers. They ride upon luxurious thrones carried aloft by spectral bearers, heralded by the screams of banshees bound to its structure. These may have been rivals or favoured servants but now they hate the living as much as they do their creator, slicing them to pieces to slake the lust of their mistress or master.[1a]
As they ride to battle, they may gift Soulblight kinfolk with draughts of their chosen blood vintages, driving their bloodlust even higher.[1a]
- The Adevore: Neferata’s favoured Sanguinarch’s. [1c]
- Doyenne Dalvia: A powerful and influential vampire dwelling in the city of Hammerhal, an agent of Neferata.
- Vinhela the Ever-Thirsting: Leads a blood crusade against the Daemons of Slaanesh who have invaded the Innerlands of the Realm of Shyish. [1b]
- 1: Battletome: Legions of Nagash (2018)
- 2: The Crimson Connoisseur story on the Malign Portents website