The Seven Knights were a group of heroic Paladins from Bretonnia, who stood against an army of Greenskins.
Bretonnian songs tell of a heroic battle in which seven gallant knights fought against an army of Goblins. The Goblins, led by the Warlord, Ironfang had accomplished the defeat of Baron de Fette's army, which had been caught unawares through recklessness and had been ambushed in rugged countryside. Only seven knights survived the battle and were riding back, tired and bleeding, to carry on the fight and defend their castle. Their names are recorded as Guy le Galant, Jules le Touph, Gaston de Reclasse, Bertrand Lestrong, Gui du Lambert and Evrard de Mellay.
As the knights crossed a bridge and rode through a village, the villagers begged them not to abandon them to the Goblin army and appealed to their honour. They pointed to the famous Grail Chapel which would fall into enemy hands. The honour of the knights had been stung by defeat and they decided that this was as good a place as any to win it back or die in the attempt. They entered the Chapel and armed themselves with holy relics of ancient Grail Knights, taking up their positions, they awaited the coming onslaught. The Goblins appeared and tried to swarm across the bridge as well as various points along the stream, only to be hurled back by the reckless bravery of the knights, charging into the hordes. By the end of the day, all the brave knights lay dead or dying, but not one Goblin crossed the stream and the village was saved.
Other bands of famous Knights
- The Seven of Salles, a similar group of Grail Knights who wandered the Old World slaying Witches.
- Galeron & Joinville. a duo of Grail Knights who slaughtered a Beastmen Warherd.
- The Grail Companions, first and greatest of the Grail Knights.
- The Companions of Quenelles, a mighty force of Bretonnia's most heroic knights.
- The Skyhost, an elite group of Pegasus Knights made up from Bretonnia's jousting champions, led by Louen Leoncoeur himself.
- The Defenders of the Fleur de Lys, were the personal retainers to the famed Repanse de Lyonesse, part of her army known as the Chevaliers de Lyonesse.
- The Chevaliers de la Damoiselle de Guerre, were an elite band of Knights Errant who were part of Repanse de Lyonesse's army.