Skeleton Horsemen are the main Tomb Kings cavalry. Their main role on the battlefield is to scout ahead and harass the enemy with their archery, fighting counterpart light cavalry should they be encountered. Their leader is suitably called Master of Scouts.
Of course, they are also capable of dropping the bow in favour of spear and heavy shield, crushing the enemy with a sudden charge. This kind of support is entirely different from ranged harassment and it requires a different kind of tactician. Because of this, so-equipped skeletal cavalry is led by Master of Horses, not Scouts.
Weapons and Equipment
- 2nd Edition: Hand Weapon, Shield. May have Chainmail or Full Plate, Spear. May have Musician, Standard Bearer. [1a]
- 6th Edition: Heavy Horsemen: Hand Weapon, Light Armour, Shield, Skeletal Steed, Spear. May have Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer. May have Magic Standard. [2a]
- 6th Edition: Light Horsemen: Bow, Hand Weapon, Skeletal Steed. May have Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer. [2a]
- 1: Ravening Hordes (2nd Edition)
- 1a: Undead Army List, pg. 23
- 2: Warhammer Armies: Tomb Kings (6th Edition)
- 2a: Army List, pg. 44-45