The two main colors in Talabecland are red and yellow. The banner of Talabecland has a crowned red eagle on a yellow background. This symbol is usually used to represent Myrmidia, but in Talabecland it represents the sharp eyes of Taal. Other common devices on banners are skulls, antlered heads, and trees. When Talabeclander regiments cross the River Talabec, they dip their banners in its waters, hoping to gain Taal's blessing.[5c]
Most people of Talabecland claim descent from the Taleutentribe who were given the lands between the Stir and Talabec rivers by Sigmar. Whilst exploring the land, so legend has it, Krugar their chief discovered the Great Crater, declaring it was a gift from Taal and wthin which they built a great city. [1b]
In 1360 IC, Ottilia I, Elector Countess of Talabecland declared herself Emperor, declaring that the chosen candidate, the Elector Count of Stirland, an enemy of her homeland, had only been chosen due to bribery and corruption.[10a][6b] She consulted the Cult of Taal and also approached Ar-Ulric Krieger who was equally infuriated by the Imperial elections being controlled by the Cult of Sigmar, inviting him to move his seat of power to her city, claiming to have proof that Sigmar was not in fact a god. [9a] [10a]
Ar-Ulric moved, delcaring Sigmarites as heretics and Ottilia banned the cult from her lands, declared her Grand Province as independent and herself as the new Emperor, being crowned by Ar-Ulric himself. A large army was dispatched by her rival but she met it in the field with her own smaller army and defeated it at the Battle of the Talabec. She then withdrew to her own city, as the Empire descended into chaos. [10a]
- Talabheim[5a][6a][8a]: Talabecland's capital, a semi-independent city-state and residence of its Elector Counts.
- Old Forest Road[5a][6a][8a]: This road connects Talabheim with Middenheim to the north and with Wurtbad to the south.
- Great Forest[6b][8b]: This very large forest covers large parts of Talabecland.
- Elven ruins[5a][6a][8a]: Hidden in the Great Forest are the ruins of a High Elf city.
- Lieske[1c]: Home of the Taal's Bowers Inn
- The Barren Hills[1b][1c]: A haunted and barren wasteland in eastern Talabecland. The brothers from the Temple of Leopold in Priestlicheim are dedicated to figuring out and destroying whatever curses this land.
|The provinces & city-states of The Empire|
|Provinces||Reikland - Middenland - Nordland - Ostland - Hochland - Talabecland - Ostermark - Stirland - Averland - Wissenland - The Moot|
|City-states||Altdorf - Nuln - Middenheim - Talabheim|
|Lost provinces||Drakwald - Solland - Westerland - Sylvania|
- 1: Sigmar's Heirs
- 2: White Dwarf 325, pg. 59
- 3: The Life of Sigmar, pg. 5
- 4: The Empire at War, pg. 80
- 5: Uniforms & Heraldry of The Empire
- 6: Warhammer Armies: The Empire (4th Edition)
- 7: Warhammer Armies: The Empire (6th Edition), pg. 5
- 8: Warhammer Armies: The Empire (7th Edition)
- 9: Power behind the Throne (4th Edition)
- 9a: Chapter 4: The Cult of Ulric, pg. 42
- 10: Tome of Salvation
- 10a: Chapter One, pg. 19