Tzeentch in the Mortal Realms
- For Tzeentch in the World-that-was see: Tzeentch in the World-That-Was.
|Titles||Changer of the Ways,|
Master of Fortune,
Architect of Fate.
|Aspects||Beast with Many Forms|
|Followers||Daemons of Tzeentch|
Tzeentch is one of the four Great Chaos Gods and represents the vitality and volatility of change.
Among the gods he is the undisputed master of the arcane arts, as it is the most potent of all agents of change. While he prefers to win battles and war through guile and sorcery he is not above using brute force. As such he favour the cunning and the manipulative over the violent and the strong.
Tzeentch takes great joy in the never-ending struggle of the Chaos Gods to gain dominion over the other which he calls it the Great Game. This game provides him with boundless opportunities and endless amusement, doing his best to manipulate or counteract the plans of is rivals, to great success. Not only are his plans complex, but they also appear contradictory to the few observers that can detect his influence. He revels in complication and is fickle, adding elaborate intricacies or obstacles to his own plots, rejoicing in both their construction as well as their unravelling.
In his true shape, he takes the most outlandish appearance of the Dark Gods. He is ever shifting and nothing about him feels definitive. Any that gazes upon him see his skin crawling with constantly changing faces. Each of these faces leer and mock those who observe them and when Tzeentch speaks, they appear and disappear repeating his words with subtle different or proving mocking commentary that casts doubt upon his original words. His needling mind-fingers pluck the skeins of fate like the legs of a demented arachnid. He has a multitudinous gaze.
Tzeentch has a fractal mind spawn with countless consciousness competing with each other through wars, riddles, pacts and betrayals, like some cosmic kaleidoscope that refracted, contorted and folded reality into a mind-boggling profusion. Almost of Tzeentch's mind find dystopic futures of order, predictability and stasis appalling and react with intense antipathy at them, while others see it's undeniable potential.
Tzeentch can see the future by observing the threads of the future and can expertly change the state of a thousand realities with every passing second.
Age of Myth
Age of Sigmar
Tzeentch began to ascend in power after Sigmar's return to the Mortal Realms and his victory over the Realmgate Wars, for his plans had long nursed to fruition. His mortal cultists had embedded themselves in the Cities of Sigmar, working in secret to advance his unknowable goals. Tzaangor tribes raid the ancient places of the realms in search lost treasures and esoteric knowledge. And if it was ever needed Tzeentch would send his daemonic hosts to burn the land with the flames of change.
Times of Tribulations
As Tzeentch was changing the state of a thousand realities he felt the threads of fate become brittle, breaking and turning to unchanging inert dust. Almost all of his minds felt intense antipathy at it's prospect, seeing an far off dystopia of order, predictability and stasis, a future with undeniable potential. Tzeentch saw a great will driving the tapestry of fate towards that future turning more stands into dust. Then he keened in a hundred thousand mortal languages and set himself to work.
Aspects and Alternate Names
- Beast with Many Forms: Worshipped by the Twistfrays as the Dark God that reshapes the realms, devouring magic, flesh and fate and regurgitating them into forms more pleasing to beastmen.
The forces of Tzeentch are known as the Disciples of Tzeentch.
They are composed of:
- Tzeentch Arcanites: Tzeentch Arcanites are the mortal followers of the Architect of Fate, the Chaos god Tzeentch. Many mortal worshippers of Tzeentch are sorcerers, among the most ambitious and the hungriest for power of his servants. Scholars and other educated elites who desire unearthly knowledge and power are often drawn to the service of Tzeentch.
- Tzaangors are Beastmen that are dedicated to Tzeentch that tend to be avian in nature. They are organized into warflocks and lead by Tzaangor Shamans often ride Discs of Tzeentch to battle, flinging spells of corruption, destruction and mutation.
- Ogroid Thaumaturges are powerful servants of Tzeentch, their powerful bodies are cloaked in skin which writhes with arcane energy as do their totemic staves. They are hugely strong, but also possess cunning minds adept at sorcery.
- Daemons of Tzeentch: Extensions of their master's rage and hate, the Daemons of Khorne are led by the Bloodlords, eight dreaded greater daemons who command his Legions.[3b][7b]
- Brimstone Tribe: A tribe of Tzeentch-worshipping Gargants with flaming skulls that were hunt down and destroyed by the Khornate Lord Skuldrak.
- 1: Battletome: Disciples of Tzeentch product description
- 2: Age of Sigmar faction guide.
- 3: Battletome: Disciples of Tzeentch (2017)
- 4: Battletome: Khorne Bloodbound (2015), pg. 23-24
- 5: Malign Portents
- 6: Battletome: Beasts of Chaos (2018) - Legendary Desecrators, pg. 22-27
|Deities of the Mortal Realms|
|Incarnates||Alarielle - Gorkamorka (Gork - Mork) - Grimnir - Grungni - Malerion - Nagash - Sigmar - Teclis - Tyrion|
|Zodiacal Godbeasts||Argentine - Auroxis - Behemat - Boingob - Chimerac - Dracothion - Fangathrak - Gnorros - Hydragos - Ignax - Kharybtar - Lode-Griffon - Nagendra - Nharvolak - Nyxtor - Tatto'Na'Kotto - Ur-Phoenix - Ursricht - Vulcatrix - Vytrix - Ymnog|
|Chaos Gods||Great Horned Rat - Hashut - Khorne - Morghur - Necoho - Nurgle - Slaanesh - Tzeentch|
|Underworld Deities||Brine-God - Vultza - Vannah - Xereus|
|Other||Bad Moon - Dreaming God - Gazul - Khaine - Kurnoth - Lunaghast - Manarchael - Mathlann - Morrda - Myrmidia - Sotek - Y'ulea|