Welcome to Warhammer - Age of Sigmar - Lexicanum! We hope you will contribute much and well. You will probably want to read the [Lexicanum:Help help pages]. Again, welcome and have fun! Ashendant (talk) 19:09, 14 December 2018 (MST)
Her so I've noticed that you've been copypasting some content from certain places, most notably Gobbapalooza, which unfortunatly ill have to stick a WIP on it. I'm going to have to ask you to at least put minimal effort into the changing the texts so it isn't an exact replica from the original source. I personally try to rewrite every sentence that I see in the original source, but i'm not going to demand that other people are set to the same standard. Please try to rewrite the sentences just a little bit. I hope that this does not demotivate you to keep editing.--Ashendant (talk) 10:00, 14 January 2019 (MST)
- I should also say that you're doing a great job with the Endless Spells articles. Geminids of Uhl-Gysh is a good example of what you should be aiming for.--Ashendant (talk) 10:38, 14 January 2019 (MST)
- I've checked the Malevolent Maelstrom and it was a vast improvement, I just have one small criticism. If the book lists examples, you have to mention what those examples are and not just replace it with a general statement. The general statement is good, but the examples are important too. Here is the example of what I meant.--Ashendant (talk) 16:27, 18 January 2019 (MST)
Glareface and Boingob
- According to the Battletome Boingob is a GodBeast and the father of all Squigs that died while trying to eat Hysh. The only info on a glareface is " bogeyman of Moonclan lore is known as Glareface Frazzlegit, and is depicted as a cruel star or searing ball of sentient light". It's never stated if it is a real thing and some Grots apparently think it's Sigmar.- UMDP (talk) 11:11, 20 January 2019 (MST)
- Sorry, I should've been more specific. Could you copy+paste here the texts or a screenshot of the section of text in question? I just need that and the pagenumber to expand the article. Meanwhile i'll see what I can do with the warscrolls and product descriptions.--Ashendant (talk) 14:28, 20 January 2019 (MST)
- Here is the section - "BOINGOB’S DEMISE
- Tales tell of how Boingob, the godbeast father of all squigs, rampages through the lands of Ushnoria and Heln and wreaks such terrible destruction that several civilisations vanish into his gnashing maw. The enraged god-squig chases after the light of Hysh, determined to devour it to stop it hurting his beady eyes. He takes a mighty leap, there is a blazing flash that is seen across the realms, and then his huge and smouldering skull crashes down, blackened by fires so hot that even a deity could not endure them. The skull becomes a sacred place to the Moonclan Grots, lying as it does in a vast crater amidst the endless reaches of Ghyran’s Orborean Woods. They tunnel into and around the huge skull and raise the most aggressive and deadly squigs, creating such a mighty stronghold that it will even endure the coming Age of Chaos."
- Thanks! Here's Boingob. If you find anything missing feel free to add to it.
- Do you have text about Glareface?--Ashendant (talk) 19:43, 20 January 2019 (MST)
- "Conversely, the bogeyman of Moonclan lore is known as Glareface Frazzlegit, and is depicted as a cruel star or searing ball of sentient light. The Moonclan Grots were thus only too happy to vanish into their lurklairs, breeding squigs, cultivating weird mushrooms and raiding the surface only for the juiciest of quarry."- Rise of the Gloomspite Gitz- pg. 4
- "Wherever the Bad Moon fills the skies it blocks out not just light, but hope and even rational thought. Those non-greenskins bathed in the Bad Moon’s cloying radiance may be driven mad, spouting nonsense rhymes or babbling in weird dead languages. Others burst into sudden hideous growth as looncap fungi erupt from their bodies with painful – often fatal – results. By comparison, the Gloomspite hordes are energised and emboldened by the unnatural eclipse. Freed from the cruel gaze of Glareface Frazzlegit, they engage in orgies of destruction that see entire nations swallowed up by ruin." - The Bad Moon - pg. 8
- "To the grots and troggoths that make up these cave-dwelling multitudes, it feels as though the natural order of the Mortal Realms is a state of cool shadowiness and fungus-thick damp. They hate and fear the bogeyman of the realms’ stars and suns, some Moonclan shamans even conflating Sigmar in the Celestial Realm with Glareface Frazzlegit, and venting their hatred upon any who give the appearance of worshipping him." - Danksome Destruction - pg. 10
- " Loonboss Claggit – more properly known as the Grand Smotherdouser – hates fire with a vehement passion. He believes the furious infernos that sweep the surface lands to be the breath of Glareface Frazzlegit, and has convinced his followers that the best way to win the regard of the Bad Moon is to extinguish every source of flame they find." - The Gloomspite Hordes - pg. 22
- It helps a lot, see Glareface Frazzlegit if you want to check the result. If you have any other info on deities in any book you can post it here, on my talk page or on the deities respective talk page and I'll add it. Thanks for the help!--Ashendant (talk) 12:52, 21 January 2019 (MST)
Hey if you find any article that mixes Age of Sigmar with Fantasy Battles sources, please add it to the list on Lexicanum: To-Do List, so I can properly split or move the content to the appropriate place, temporarily or otherwise.--Ashendant (talk) 14:46, 21 January 2019 (MST)
Sources for images
Don't forget that you also need to source the following images: File:Gobbapalooza 01.jpg File:Loonboss 01.jpg. I know which book they come from, but not their pagenumbers.--Ashendant (talk) 09:36, 22 January 2019 (MST)
You don't need to rename articles to add "in the World-That-Was". When the Lexicanum is split in two(AoS and FB) we are going to remove "in the World-That-Was" and the "in the Mortal Realms". Will probably happen in February.
Another thing. Since you seem to have Beasts of Chaos Battletome, could you give me the pagenumber and section for the information on Rotfrays, Skullfrays, Twistfrays and Slakefrays? I only have a image with the text and the icons.--Ashendant (talk) 10:19, 28 January 2019 (MST)
Since you have the Battletome: Blades of Khorne can you confirm whetever the name of the Skulltaker is U'zhul or U'zuhl. There is some confusion between him and the name of the daemon in Archaon's sword.--Ashendant (talk) 12:06, 31 March 2019 (MDT)