Warrior Priest of Ulric
Warrior Priests of Ulric are mighty zealots of the Ulrician Faith and the Cult of Ulric.
In the North of the Empire life is harsh; the winters are freezing, the soil is poor and the forests crawl with Goblins and Beastmen. Ulric is the states patron because he is as harsh as the land itself, and the strength and independance he expects his from his followers hardens the people to the austerity of their existence.
Ulric's Warrior Priests reflect this quality. All Clerics of Ulric are ferocious fighters, for entry into the cult of Ulric is forbidden to those who are weak. This is because Ulric is a warrior first and foremost, expecting his followers to meet problems head on and by force of arms whenever possible. In battle the Priests of Ulric are the embodiment of their god, swinging their axes and swords and crying oaths to their enemies with the ferocity of the Wolf God himself. The fighters around them are filled with courage, and the faith and strength of the Warriors of Ulric is indomitable. The Priests could be empowered with the divine fury of their god, calling upon the chill of winter or entering a furious rage to slaughter their enemies.
- Battle Howl: Increases the speed of charging warriors and the priest invoking the diety. [1a]
- Destruction: Damage nearby enemies. [1a]
- Fury of Ulric: The priest and those he accompanies care not for fear or terror. [1a]
- Winter's Chill: Makes the priest harder to hit. [1a]
A Cult of Ulric army has many Warrior-priests and these often lead regiments into battle alongside any champions. The larger the army and number of followers, the more powerful the priests prayers become. [1a]
Weapons and Equipment
- 6th Edition: Hand Weapon, may have Heavy or Light Armour and a Shield. May have Additional Hand Weapon or Great Weapon. May ride a Barded Warhorse. May have Magic Items. May be the Battle Standard Bearer. [1c]
- Amber Fang: The incisor of a White Wolf given to the most favoured priests of Ulric by Ar-Ulric. [1b]
- Ice Dagger: Potent icon of faith rather than a weapon. [1b]
- Fang of the Winter Wolf: Potent talismans blessed by Ar-Ulric, they hugely enhance the power of a priests prayers. [1b]
- Shard of Skoll: A fragment of the legendary wolfs teeth or claws it can be used to dispel any spell. [1b]
- Wolfshead Emblem: Archetypal symbol of Ulric used to ward against malign sorcery. [1b]
- 1: Warhammer Chronicles (2004)
1. White Dwarf UK #279 (March 2002)