From Warhammer - Age of Sigmar - Lexicanum
(Redirected from Zodiacal Godbeasts)
- Argentine, the Silver Wyrm: The warpfire breath of this zodiacal serpent heats the Great Crucible creating rivers of silver that run through the Hanging valleys.[2b]
- Auroxis, the World-Beast: Felled by Sigmar during the Age of Myth.[8b]
- Behemat, the World Titan: A colossal creature of living stone that slumbers in Ghyran. Also called the Star Gargant and is rumoured to be the ancestor of Aleguzzler Gargants.
- Chimerac: A monstrous constellation.
- Dracothion, the Great Drake: Friend of Sigmar since he found him on Mallus.[1a]
- Fangathrak, the Mawgate: On it's gullet resides the All-Gate of Ghur.[8c]
- Gnorros, the Father of Hydragors: A godbeast that attacked Sigmar during the Age of Myth.[8d]
- Hydragos: A monstrous constellation.
- Ignax, the Solar Drake: A massive serpentine beast formerly imprisoned in the Ashlands of Aqshy. Ignax was freed and corrupted by Archaon.
- Kharybtar: The Father of Kharibdysses, a shard of the Aelf god Khaine fell into its lair from where it was reclaimed by Morathi.
- Lode-Griffon: A menace of the Spiral Crux. Died to Tzeentch trickery, signalling the Age of Chaos in the Realm of Chamon.[8a]
- Nharvolak: The dweller beneath the waves which in the Age of Myth used to rise and attack cities and cilisations every five hundred years until defeated by Sigmar.
- Nyxtor: The father of the seventeen-headed heptadecagors.
- Ur-Phoenix: Master of the Phoenix Temple.
- Vulcatrix, the Mother of Salamanders, the Ur-Salamander: The fire wyrm that first birthed flame into the worlds. Slain by Grimnir.[1c]
- Vytrix, the Crystal Cockatrice: The zodiacal creature that devours the silver rivers of Anvrok. [2a]
- Ymnog, Father of Gargants: The zodiacal sire of Behemat, slain by Sigmar during the Age of Myth.
There are several creatures who have not been called Zodiac Godbeasts or sinonyms, but might be as they share traits or have similar titles as them. The following is a speculative list of possible godbeasts:
- Jorhar: The Ur-bear whose heart was eaten by the first Beastclaw Ogor.
- Great Stag: Creature dwelling near the Glade of Summoning at the Shimmerfall of Gloriphus
- Great King: An ancient Megalofin the fought Gorkamorka.
- Nagendra: The Father of Serpents slain by Sigmar during the Age of Myth. Rumoured to be the Writhing Serpent.
- Gorgahul: The Ur-Hydra, that inhabited the Quicksilver Swamp with her monstrous brood, until it was slain by Scylla Anfingrimm and his Bloodbound.
- 1: Warhammer: Age of Sigmar
- 2: Warhammer: Age of Sigmar: Quest for Ghal Maraz
- 3: Warhammer: Age of Sigmar Primer
- 4: The Realmgate Wars: Godbeasts
- 5: The Realmgate Wars: All-Gates
- 6: Grand Alliance: Destruction - Aleguzzler Gargants, pg. 70-71
- 7: Battletome: Daughters of Khaine (2018): The Iron Heart of Khaine, p15
- 8: Age of Sigmar: Core Book (2nd Edition)
- 9: Callis and Toll: The Silver Shard (novel) by Nick Horth, pg. 179
|Deities of the Mortal Realms|
|Incarnates||Alarielle - Gorkamorka - Grimnir - Grungni - Malerion - Nagash - Sigmar - Teclis - Tyrion|
|Zodiacal Godbeasts||Argentine - Auroxis - Behemat - Boingob - Chimerac - Dracothion - Fangathrak - Gnorros - Hydragos - Ignax - Kharybtar - Lode-Griffon - Nharvolak - Nyxtor - Ur-Phoenix - Ursricht- Vulcatrix - Vytrix - Ymnog|
|Chaos Gods||Great Horned Rat - Hashut - Khorne - Morghur - Necoho - Nurgle - Slaanesh - Tzeentch|
|Underworld Deities||Brine-God - Vultza - Vannah - Xereus|
|Other||Bad Moon - Gazul - Khaine - Kurnoth - Lunaghast - Manarchael - Mathlann - Morrda - Myrmidia - Sotek - Y'ulea|