WFRP Rulebook (4th Edition)
|Cover Artist||Ralph Horsley|
|Preceded by||WFRP Rulebook (3rd Edition)|
The Fourth Edition setting has stepped back slightly in time from the previous versions and now takes place in IC 2510, with a variety of information from across the history of Warhammer. For instance Constant Drachenfels is firmly part of the timeline but the descriptions of the Elves and their gods are from the more recent 8th edition Warhammer Fantasy Battles and related material's background.
This Edition has a further update of the earlier percentile mechanics in the 1st and 2nd editions, together with new aspects such as Success Levels and Advantage. Characters can be from several races: Humans, Dwarfs, Halflings, High Elves and Wood Elves.
The book was also released as a boxed collector’s Limited Edition with a leather-effect cover of the rulebook.
- Introduction, pg. 6-23: Welcome and artwork.
- Character, pg. 24-45: How to create a character and adventuring party.
- Class and Careers, pg. 46-116: The different classes and characters, the impact and importance of social levels in the game.
- Skills and Talents: pg. 117-148: Descriptions of the two major elements of the system.
- Rules: pg. 149-191: How to pay the game, introducing new elements such as Success Levels.
- Between Adventures: pg. 192-201: Options for characters and GMs between adventures.
- Religion and Belief: pg. 202-228: The Gods of the Empire and beyond including some dieties of the Elves, Dwarves and halflings
- Magic: pg. 229-258: Rules for Petty Magic, the Eight Colours, Witchcraft, Dark and Chaos magic.
- The Gamemaster: pg. 259-266: Tips for running the game, before during and after a session.
- Glorious Reikland: pg. 267-287: Overview of the Province including both old and new lore.
- The Consumers' Guide: pg. 288-309: Goods, price of living, travel and hirelings.
- Bestiary: pg. 310-343: Stats and rules for many and varied creatures divided into the following categories: Beasts, Monstrous beasts, Greenskins, Undead and Slaves to Darkness which includes beastmen, cultists, mutants, daemons and Skaven
- Character sheet, pg.344-345
- Index, pg. 346-351