The colony maintains strong ties with Ulthuan, especially with Tiranoc, ancestral homeland of most of its population. Protected by a large garrison, the colony has endured several seaborne raids by Dark Elf Corsairs[4a][5b]. It was conquered and occupied by the Dark Elves at least once:
In - 102 IC Arnheim was the berth of the Black Ark Ravager of Souls which returned from the realm of Nurgle. The following outbreaks of plague decimated the population of the kingdom of Naggaroth [6a].
Arnheim's northern approaches are shielded by the Blackspine Mountains and the Doom Glades, a very large swamp. However Dark Elf scouts discovered an underground tunnel which avoids these obstacles. This enabled major Dark Elf raids in 1783 which were eventually repelled [4a][5a].
|The realms, colonies & outposts of the High Elves|
|Realms of Ulthuan||Eataine - Caledor - Tiranoc - Shadowlands - Chrace - Cothique - Yvresse - Ellyrion - Avelorn - Saphery|
|Nearby Isles||The Isles - Isle of the Dead - Island of the Flame - Shifting Isles|
|High Elf Outposts & Colonies||Arnheim - Citadel of Dusk - Fortress of Dawn - Gates of Calith - Tor Elasor - Tor Elithis - Tower of Stars - Tower of the Sun|
- 1: Warhammer Armies: High Elves (4th Edition), pg. 12
- 2: Warhammer Armies: High Elves (5th Edition), pg. 10
- 3: Warhammer Armies: High Elves (6th Edition), pg. 49
- 4: Warhammer Armies: Dark Elves (4th Edition)
- 5: Warhammer Armies: Dark Elves (7th Edition)
- 6: Warhammer Armies: Daemons of Chaos (7th Edition), pg. 27
- 6a: Daemonic Incursions, pg. 27